Alien science pack y do we ned them?!

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Alien science pack y do we ned them?!

Post by Lee_newsum »

Alien science pack y do we ned them?
this is to mack the player go out and kill them, y?
add some "command and conquer" to it but this is factorin "mining resources, planning and building factories, automating production" :D Defense from alien :) going out to kill to building factories the best ones :( :evil: .

Destroyer capsule/Tanks thay do the same think.

all the tech that use it do not ned it as all is heman like.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Alien science pack y do we ned them?!

Post by ficolas »

Didnt really understand you...
Its to add another reason to kill creepers.

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

ficolas wrote:Didnt really understand you...
but y do we ned a reason to kill creepers wen the aim of the game is to "mining resources, planning and building factories, automating production" and some that Defense from aliens?

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Lee_newsum wrote:
ficolas wrote:Didnt really understand you...
but y do we ned a reason to kill creepers wen the aim of the game is to "mining resources, planning and building factories, automating production" and some that Defense from aliens?
Why the game is just that? Why would armor modules/weapons/capsules etc exist if not to kill biters? If it was just defending there would just be a bunch of nonop weapons and turrets.

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

Well think about what the science packs do. Where they are placed. You are placing them in a 'research' facility. Which one would assume is... well researching based off chemicals. It stands to reason that to advance higher and higher you need to research biological chemicals from the aliens. I mean you are on their planet. Perhaps you could say it is needed to find their weaknesses to exploit them. Given that you have to setup a rocket defense for your ships to land.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

Thinking about it, that the alien science packs are really only used to research alien-specific lifeform-technology. Eg higher damaging weapon upgrades (als already now), poisionous gas weapons, cloaking devices, terraforming devices, whatever needs more insight in alien lifeform and alien planet geology for lategame.

And to replace the alien science packs in all the other high-tier researches with a new science pack 4 which needs ingredients from the new resource oil and its derivates.

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

BurnHard wrote:Thinking about it, that the alien science packs are really only used to research alien-specific lifeform-technology. Eg higher damaging weapon upgrades (als already now), poisionous gas weapons, cloaking devices, terraforming devices, whatever needs more insight in alien lifeform and alien planet geology for lategame.

And to replace the alien science packs in all the other high-tier researches with a new science pack 4 which needs ingredients from the new resource oil and its derivates.
This is it BurnHard. i 2nd that.

nicolaasvanwaveren
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nicolaasvanwaveren »

Lee_newsum wrote:
BurnHard wrote:Thinking about it, that the alien science packs are really only used to research alien-specific lifeform-technology. Eg higher damaging weapon upgrades (als already now), poisionous gas weapons, cloaking devices, terraforming devices, whatever needs more insight in alien lifeform and alien planet geology for lategame.

This is it BurnHard. i 2nd that.
Agree!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I got just a short flash.

Following logically the path of researching the alien eggs, this will lead to a weapon (a virus, or so) which will kill them all.

This is the fighting path of this game. The peaceful won't follow that way, it leads to a cooperation and a way, how to live with them. Some eggs may be needed, to understand essential things, but not much.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Deathmage
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Deathmage »

Time to deliver an ultimatum to the aliens :D

Hogweed
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hogweed »

Good arguments either way, I think some way to still win with out having to kill hoards of aliens would be nice, although that might be a challenge to do. I do like the building and logistics, I just hate it when they come in and tear all that hard work apart. I usually play peaceful and very low aliens just because I am still learning. As I get better I will up the Aliens and make it a better challenge. But I would like to still be able to conclude the game either way.

Wheelzpin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Wheelzpin »

As much as I love the game, I've never been comfortable with having to slaughter the indigenous population to progress. (Hasn't worked out that well in real life.) I realize the biters are there primarily as a resource sink and source for purple science packs, but maybe there could be an alternative.

We could choose the easy way and kill biter bases for artifacts, or perhaps we could take a longer, slower, route to establishing a trade system. We don't really know much about how the biters live -- what they eat or use to survive. There could be a series of mineral and/or oil based products we could manufacture that the biters want or need. In exchange, they leave small deposits of alien artifacts.

That doesn't mean we could abandon all our military tech. There would likely be a smaller percentage of biters who just won't like their new neighbours. It would add to the complexity when encountering a newly formed base -- are they foes or potential friends?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

We can try to find a biter main town and deliver them shoes.

... they need many shoes ...

Wheelzpin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Wheelzpin »

ssilk wrote:We can try to find a biter main town and deliver them shoes.

... they need many shoes ...
Shoes would be great! We could start out in the earlier stages of the game by giving them low-tech wooden shoes. That way we'd be sure to hear them coming. Later on, we could manufacture high-end cross trainers, and some orthopaedic shoes for the older biters. The resource drain would be enormous but seeing the smiles on those little faces would make it all worth while.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

And when they are accustomed to shoes, they need also shoe-cleaner-wax, shoe-inlays, bootlaces, schoehorns and so on and so on!

A neverending source of artefacts is rolling... :roll:

elkar
Inserter
Inserter

Post by elkar »

Well to be perfectly honest I'm playing mostly without enemies because i just like constructing factory itself.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Well, I tell you what: I play mostly without any shoes. :shock:

(Neither on my feet, nor in game.)

elkar
Inserter
Inserter

Post by elkar »

ssilk wrote:Well, I tell you what: I play mostly without any shoes. :shock:

(Neither on my feet, nor in game.)
Outstanding!

Zourin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zourin »

Deathmage wrote:Time to deliver an ultimatum to the aliens :D
"Bite my ass or die?"

Return to “General discussion”