"WTF is..." your marketing guy doing ?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
tyaigan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

"WTF is..." your marketing guy doing ?

Post by tyaigan »

Last edited by tyaigan on Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: "WTF is..." your marketing guy doing ?

Post by roy7 »

Many famous YouTube and Twitch people have played Factorio in the past. If you are a fan of Day9 and want him to play Factorio, ask him to. :) The developers can't control that. They do provide free keys to people like him.

Google tells me people have posted in Day9's forum and asked him to play it as far back as May 2014.

TotalBiscuit doesn't do reviews on Early Access games.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

Not to mention these kind of people will have a backlog of games that they want to play/review (some sponsored some not).

Just dropping in out of nowhere will not happen.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Honestly I think it might just take some time. To be fair, nerdcubed just did a video on Factorio a day or so ago giving it a lot of praise, I'm sure that helped.
I suspect in the next month or so more of the larger YouTubers and streamers will take a look at it. As ratchetfreak mentioned, they probably have a large backlog of game requests and such.
Image Image Image

Xeorm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeorm »

Getting the news out would be nice, but I will say I don't think having youtubers play the game would be all that great. Factorio is not one of those games where I think there's a whole lot to be gained from showing off pure gameplay. Most of my fun in this game comes from maintaining my factory and planning it. That sort of gameplay is...not the type that transfers well to watching someone else play.

Sharing already built factories or snippets of gameplay are great, but I don't think putting much effort into getting people would be that good.

But yes, more marketing work would be good for this game, at least once it is out.

Buggi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Buggi »

A lot of popular youtubers ask for money in return for a video series. I know from talking to the FortressCraft Evolved dev that he has gotten quotes of $2-3 thousand PER EPISODE from YouTubers to play his game. It's pretty ridiculous.
- Buggi -
Here's my Humble YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/FlexibleGames

ske
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ske »

Buggi wrote:$2-3 thousand PER EPISODE from YouTubers to play his game. It's pretty ridiculous.
It's economics. If you want to live from it, you need somewhere of 5-15k per month coming in. You need to build up your reputation and viewerbase. That needs to be paid at some point, too. Sure, a 100 episode series each 30 minutes of "watch me play this game" is not costing a lot of effort to make but compressing down the content of that into 3 episodes with careful editing in a month might wholly make it worth 10k.

Jonathan88
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jonathan88 »

What about this? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20872
I think that classifies as a famous Youtuber loving the game...
FactoriOh No: when it's accidentally 2am, again

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

I agree with the OP in this case. Although don't read it literally, the idea behind of what he's saying is actually coherent, although don't blame the "Marketing guy".

tyaigan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tyaigan »

The angry guy (me) is pleased :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s04aDjyGN4

Sorry for the first harsh post.

lancar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lancar »

I'm sure Totalbiscuit will be doing a review of this game once it comes out of early access.

Besides, just being on the top-sellers list on steam is excellent advertising on its own.

Return to “General discussion”