Loader Poll - Trying to get an idea of what the opinions are

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.

What should be changed to make loaders better?

Nothing, they're fine as they are
18%
They should have a running cost (lubricant, electricity, etc.)
43%
They should have limited interaction options (chests only, no train usage, etc.)
9%
They should only feed into containers, not pull out of them (but they can also feed into anything, such as assemblers)
5%
They should only be able to unload, and only from chests (Rename them to Chest Unloaders)
2%
They shouldn't be implemented
23%

Total votes: 264

Slayn25
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Loader Poll - Trying to get an idea of what the opinions are

Post by Slayn25 »

I think loaders should be in vanilla (w/out console commands required.) They fit perfectly for loading/unloading cargo wagons, especially since 0.15 introduced fluid wagons (they are to cargo wagons what pumps are to fluid wagons.)

Whether or not they are capable of interacting w/ chests/assemblers is less important to me.

As for filtering, I think they should be the same as splitters in that regard. Right now imo there isn't an elegant filtering solution that doesn't bottleneck throughput, for better or for worse.
nemostein wrote: The only logistics related item that I wanted implemented was a real lane splitter (I really hate that underground belt ugly hack).
But now I wish for 2 things, this and loaders...
Agreed that UG do seem a bit hackish for this purpose. Same for how they compress better than regular belts.

Return to “General discussion”