Steam release.

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
ofca
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Steam release.

Post by ofca »

I strongly believe, that Steam release is a very important milestone for Factorio. Actually, it may be the most important milestone ever. As such, I feel it deserves a one-time mass mailing to everyone that ever bought Factorio notifying them that this has happened, that they can claim their free key, and that they may leave their honest review of the game on steam, which will be very appreciated. What do you think?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Steam release.

Post by daniel34 »

ofca wrote:I strongly believe, that Steam release is a very important milestone for Factorio. Actually, it may be the most important milestone ever. As such, I feel it deserves a one-time mass mailing to everyone that ever bought Factorio notifying them that this has happened, that they can claim their free key, and that they may leave their honest review of the game on steam, which will be very appreciated. What do you think?
The devs intended to do so, but I haven't received that mail yet.
Factorio Friday Facts #124 wrote:We will be sending out a "call to arms" email when the game has launched officially notifying existing players that the game is now available on Steam.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

ofca
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ofca »

Then fail is strong with them. This should've gone out few hours before unlock date. Oh well. But still: better late than never!

Kewlhotrod
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kewlhotrod »

haha the steam reviews is like 460 positive and 0 negative reviews.

ofca
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ofca »

Yeah, I personally helped fighting off one idiotic negative (ie. "why are you reading the negs? go play the game" or whatever. Strangely, it got banned 5 minutes after I reminded 15 pissed off people in comments, that there's a report button. ;)

Still - there should be 10k positive reviews, not some sad 500.

Kewlhotrod
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kewlhotrod »

ofca wrote:Yeah, I personally helped fighting off one idiotic negative (ie. "why are you reading the negs? go play the game" or whatever. Strangely, it got banned 5 minutes after I reminded 15 pissed off people in comments, that there's a report button. ;)

Still - there should be 10k positive reviews, not some sad 500.
agreed :(

iv donated a game to a streamer friend of mine, and done review its all I can do as a consumer unfortunately

Zourin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zourin »

I'm speechless. All I can do is applaud.

Steam reviews currently at 897 positive, 3 negative. I don't think I've ever seen a Steam launch that is by all rights perfect, but now I have.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

We might send an email to people who haven't redeemed their steam key in a few days.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

slpwnd wrote:We might send an email to people who haven't redeemed their steam key in a few days.
That is not a bad idea :) Will keep the hype train going :)

Return to “General discussion”