You sell yourself short...

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
hockeyhack
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

You sell yourself short...

Post by hockeyhack »

I noticed right at the top of the FAQ
"Yet another game in alpha?
Yes. However Factorio has a LOT of content already and is reportedly very stable. Many people have spend tens of hours in it already."

tens of hours? I know there are many people, myself included who have played well above "tens of hours", heck some people are past the hundreds of hours mark.

Anyways looking forward to having the game right near the top of my Steam library (I have a category "000 Play now" just to move certain games to the top so I remember to play them more often), I have played a ton of the game but keep forgetting about it for months at a time, having it right near the top of my Steam library will help me forget about it less often. (Yes I know I can add non Steam games to my Steam library, but I don't care to do that when I keep changing the install folder location (so that I can go back and see the changes throughout the builds))

Nusty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: You sell yourself short...

Post by Nusty »

90 hours is still 10's of hours, but I agree with your point, Factorio is a badass game and shouldn't sell it's self short at all!

Mangledpork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mangledpork »

A quick count of what saves I have in my current version of Factorio puts me at at least 220 hours, so if they needed proof, they have it now!

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Yeah I'm easily at like 500 hours or so and still having a blast. :D
Image Image Image

Ledjlale
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ledjlale »

lol, this is a MMO :lol:

nobodx
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by nobodx »

I'm clocking at ~400-500hours currently since i bought the game (v 0B.10)

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

with easily over thousands of hours in factorio, and that 20 USD price tag... and how the very first moment i saw the game was a INSTA BUY from me. It was only a INSTA BUY because the price tag wasn't higher than 20 dollars. And after i have played so much of factorio, And knowing JUST how much worth it the game was, i still wouldn't buy the game right now if it was more than 20 dollars.

Why? Its more of a personal reason of the price tag. in the recent years, i am really starting to devalue games. games with 60 dollar price tags i really hate. Game that release every year, maybe twice a year with a 60 dollar price tag, and 60 dollar DLC day one blah blah, being 99% of the previous game, just make games worse nowadays. (looking at you call of duty....)

But as 20 dollars, and the amount of hours, its one hell of a game!
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

Return to “General discussion”