Where is my stone?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Chrille
Inserter
Inserter

Where is my stone?

Post by Chrille »

Having searched the forum and the interweb I've yet to see anyone have the same kind of problem.
I have created loads of maps. In version 0.8.1 and 0.8.5. With and without Mods like Dytech, F-mod.
I've changed the different settings for size and rarity of the resources.

Iron and copper seems to change accordingly but stone... I'm playing now with (I think) highest or almost highest setting for size and rarity of stone.
There are very few stone deposits and those that are.. They are small. less than 8k. There are even a couple of one or two tile small ones. And I chose for the size of these deposits to be very big!

What's going on?
I've exhausted the initial small copper and iron fields, but had two huge fields not too far away.
I've meanwhile had to scrub a decently sized area clean of any little rock I can find for stone. Now I'm all out of those deposits. I've taken my car and explored quite far (no idea what you guys think is far. But say 3 times the range of the radar. Can't really find any stone. Maybe 2 small deposits that are smaller than 4 tiles each.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Where is my stone?

Post by ficolas »

Stone isnt really needed, so there isnt much, if you need stone for the mods (blast furnace or something) you can use the underground mining drill, any place with low richness or a stone deposit should give you toons of stone (a stone only place with the umd should give 1stone/sec per drill.

Chrille
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Where is my stone?

Post by Chrille »

Ah...
That explains it. I didn't play too much unmodded first. So I'm guessing what I forgot is that with Dytech a shit load of things uses stone gears instead of iron gears...

Return to “General discussion”