Why can't I research Adv. Electronics?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Antmf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Why can't I research Adv. Electronics?

Post by Antmf »

It says I need electronics which I have but it doesn't even show up in tech tree only under the allow items in electronics? So when i click on it it says unavailable.

Antmf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Why can't I research Adv. Electronics?

Post by Antmf »

Maybe it has something to do with me not running the latest experimental version? Just downloaded game today. But for whatever reasons I dont have access to advanced electronics.

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

It's not the experimental thing, are you on the campaign?
Some tech is locked on the start levels. On freeplay tho it should be working.

Your trying to build those tech 2 power poles and all that right?

You dont see it on the research screen is what you are saying correct?
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

Antmf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Antmf »

Yeah I am playing campaign and it doesnt show up and I want to build modules and I cant without adv elec. Probably because I am playing campaign.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Yup campaign haves limited researches.

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

Treat it as a tutorial, or as a challenge if you want. Try to complete the levels objectives and move on. Those levels like to punish you by denying tech that would simplify the whole process, but they want you to become some kind of master of lvl1 power poles before you get the good stuff.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

malokin wrote:Treat it as a tutorial, or as a challenge if you want. Try to complete the levels objectives and move on. Those levels like to punish you by denying tech that would simplify the whole process, but they want you to become some kind of master of lvl1 power poles before you get the good stuff.
Yes, I remember the times when I was playing Dune2/Starcraft campaigns, and every level I was looking forward what new unit/tech will be unlocked.

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

kovarex wrote:Yes, I remember the times when I was playing Dune2...
Dune2... Those were the days. I have spent countless of hour playing it. I even try playing it recenlty using DOSBox but stopped soon. Why?
I must admit that I have been spoiled by new way of controlling units RTS games (right click to isue command, group select, etc.).

Anywhay for some more nostalgia I recomend you visit this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEVvUwM_ ... 54192C8D96
That is a playlist containing all Dune 2 music songs (SoundBlaster versions).
I recomend playing this through good speakers. It is best if you also have Subwoofer conected. WARNING! Your neighbors might hate you becouse of that :D
Why don't today games have such awsome music?

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

SilverWarior wrote:
Dune2... Those were the days. I have spent countless of hour playing it. I even try playing it recenlty using DOSBox but stopped soon. Why?
I must admit that I have been spoiled by new way of controlling units RTS games (right click to isue command, group select, etc.).

Anywhay for some more nostalgia I recomend you visit this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEVvUwM_ ... 54192C8D96
That is a playlist containing all Dune 2 music songs (SoundBlaster versions).
I recomend playing this through good speakers. It is best if you also have Subwoofer conected. WARNING! Your neighbors might hate you becouse of that :D
Why don't today games have such awsome music?
Ah yes.
*click* Reporting. *click* *click* Acknowledged. *click* Reporting. *click* *click* Acknowledged. *click* Reporting. *click* *click* Affirmative... 33% less clicks if you used keyport shortcuts. :lol:
You could look for Dune Legacy. It has group selection and some other improvements, if I remember right.
Thanks for the link.
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]Fluid handling expansion
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express
Autofill: The torch has been pass to Nexela

Return to “General discussion”