A question about multiplayer for steam

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: A question about multiplayer for steam

Post by Klonan »

Zeblote wrote:
ssilk wrote:That was promised with 0.13.
Right, but steam is before 0.13 and password protection seems like a really small (yet important) feature.
Dedicated server passwords (along with the multiplayer matching server) will be in 0.13,
But it would be possible to write a lua script for some server management functionality in 0.12, however as of yet there is no way to kick a player off a server, best you can do i teleport them to some other surface and tell them to get lost...

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Klonan wrote: best you can do i teleport them to some other surface and tell them to get lost...
I think that sentence could bring some modders to quite interesting ideas... some of mine:
- the "Prison-Architect-layer": you have to manage imprisoned people and all you have is a pickaxe; create enough material to built a prison within 10 minutes when the first 1,000 imprisoned come in or they come out.
- the "It's-full-of-biters-layer": Not much to say, it promises to have a layer full of biters.
- the "Dig-your-own-grave-layer", if you want to get out of this layer you need to make you a nice grave. All you have is a pickaxe.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

Klonan wrote: But it would be possible to write a lua script for some server management functionality in 0.12, however as of yet there is no way to kick a player off a server, best you can do i teleport them to some other surface and tell them to get lost...
How do we make a script that doesn't require players to download it too as a mod?

NoPantsMcDance
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by NoPantsMcDance »

Klonan wrote:
Zeblote wrote:
ssilk wrote:That was promised with 0.13.
Right, but steam is before 0.13 and password protection seems like a really small (yet important) feature.
Dedicated server passwords (along with the multiplayer matching server) will be in 0.13,
But it would be possible to write a lua script for some server management functionality in 0.12, however as of yet there is no way to kick a player off a server, best you can do i teleport them to some other surface and tell them to get lost...
I wasn't aware you could create scripts server side only. Do tell more
Looking for a multiplayer server? Check out my servers Vanilla Server

Grumpalo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Grumpalo »

Sorry to resurrect this but I was curious to know if there was more information? I've seen a few servers with automatic Kick for people who lag and I was wondering how to implement that.

Return to “General discussion”