5,000 copies sold

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

5,000 copies sold

Post by DRBLN »

+1k in 2 months.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 5,000 copies sold

Post by Nova »

1 thousand copies times (at least) 10 Euro = 10,000 Euro. Substract 50% for taxation, fees from paypal and other things = 5000 Euro. Don't know how many people you have, but we have kovarex, slpwnd and I think cube for programming and glex for the graphics. Don't know about kotasia, what does she do? ^^
Don't know if the money gets evenly distributed, but 1000 Euro per person per 2 months is not really much. We have to spread the word and drive up the sells. Soon all developers can work day and night only for factorio! :twisted:

Congratulations! :)
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

@Nova Nice analysis, maybe we will make a more elaborate post about this somedeay. Anyway some small corrections: the average outcome per 1 copy is about 13 euro (because of the higher tiers). The fees to paypal are ~ 7%. The taxes for small businesses are reasonable here (around 13% from the revenue - very simplified explanation). So it is not that bad:) We are 4 people at the moment (kovarex, slpwnd, cube and glex). The cost of living in the Czech Republic is relatively low (though we life in the capital city). Money wise we have been able to cover the living expenses since the Indiegogo campaign in February, which is actually great^^ This gives us time to work on the game and improve it before we go to the steam. At the moment we are saving for the taxes which are due march 2014:D

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

I don't know anything about taxation of a business, and even less about taxation in the Czech Republic, so i just guessed the percentage. The 50% contains everything: old-age pension, paypal fees, health insurance, VAT... About the higher tiers, I didn't know anything about the distribution, so is just made as pessimistic guess: Every sell is just tier 1. ^^
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

Nova wrote:I don't know anything about taxation of a business, and even less about taxation in the Czech Republic, so i just guessed the percentage. The 50% contains everything: old-age pension, paypal fees, health insurance, VAT... About the higher tiers, I didn't know anything about the distribution, so is just made as pessimistic guess: Every sell is just tier 1. ^^
VAT = 0%
Social security related taxation is usually low for small businessess.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

Well, usually when creating software (games), no money at all is earned until the final release day.

Avarant
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Avarant »

Just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed playing the game.

I just showed up to the scene in the last few weeks. When I checked out the game I was thinking "Oh, I'll check out the alpha to see if it has potential." Now, all my online friends are wandering where I've disappeared to for the last couple of weeks. I was in my Factorio cave.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Avarant wrote:Just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed playing the game.

I just showed up to the scene in the last few weeks. When I checked out the game I was thinking "Oh, I'll check out the alpha to see if it has potential." Now, all my online friends are wandering where I've disappeared to for the last couple of weeks. I was in my Factorio cave.
Happy to hear you like the game. Hope it doesn't destroy your social life though:D

Avarant
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Avarant »

slpwnd wrote:

Happy to hear you like the game. Hope it doesn't destroy your social life though:D
haha once multiplayer goes in... :)

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

slpwnd wrote:

social.... life.....

i don't know what you are referring to......

sjwt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sjwt »

just hit 5500 today. that's a in-cress in players.
Payed number aprox. 5504

GROOV3ST3R
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GROOV3ST3R »

I bought the 5400th copy :3

Pandamonium
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Pandamonium »

sjwt wrote:that's a in-cress in players.
I personally joined after watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEUY0k3ktBk.
I presume "word of mouth" from other let's play makers are making the rounds too?

dusho
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dusho »

I've joined after watching this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc2-edNrGDo
you should try to offer game to some of Yogscast crew (Sips, Sjin, Duncan) to make some let's play videos and spread the word. This game deserves it..

..also helped that guys are from Prague..
[SK]Prajem vela predanych kopii a vela spokojnych hracov![/SK]

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

i got in to this game as from OfficialStuffPlus http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwwOnJynBG_9a4NfXHANMWA and inzainia lets play http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... Oz08w-F_2U.
i have bin playing it all the time i have from 8 jan 2014.

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

Over 7,000 (!)

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

DRBLN wrote:Over 7,000 (!)
Factorio's power level keeps rising! Once it goes over 9000 it will be unstoppable!

CherryKiss
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CherryKiss »

Darthlawsuit wrote:
DRBLN wrote:Over 7,000 (!)
Factorio's power level keeps rising! Once it goes over 9000 it will be unstoppable!
lols :D

yeah yeah, and I'm sure it will go SSJ4 or some junk huh? :D

gawd forbid someone figures out how to make a viable DBZ Factorio mod....

Return to “General discussion”