Pirating Factorio

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Pirating Factorio

Post by malokin »

Robik wrote:
malokin wrote:I'll have to cancel all that work I had planned with the editor, but so be it, I will not let another human being tell me what I can do or post
Oh, post what you want, but according to your own philosophy, you should not tell other people what they can do with local copy of your post on their own forum. It's their copy, if you wanted to keep rights to you post, you should keep it on your own computer hard drive and not publish it on internet.
I'm not worried about distribution, I just wish I could of been a content creator instead of an outlaw.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

malokin wrote:
Robik wrote:
malokin wrote:I'll have to cancel all that work I had planned with the editor, but so be it, I will not let another human being tell me what I can do or post
Oh, post what you want, but according to your own philosophy, you should not tell other people what they can do with local copy of your post on their own forum. It's their copy, if you wanted to keep rights to you post, you should keep it on your own computer hard drive and not publish it on internet.
I'm not worried about distribution, I just wish I could of been a content creator instead of an outlaw.
You're making that choice my friend. No-one is making it for you. Freedom, remember?

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

TGS wrote:You let human beings tell you every day what you can and cannot do. You live in this world yes? You buy things in this world? You don't go out and steal and kill and take whatever you please? Okay. Then you are letting people tell you what you can and cannot do. Please do not make this about some higher purpose because it's not. This is very clearly isolated to this place. The internet. Where you have power because the system allows you power and you are abusing it to further an agenda you feel righteous. It may be a great cause, it may not be. I don't know. What I do know is that if someone runs around spouting things like "Freedom above all else" yet as soon as you go into someone else's online domain and tell them you are going to do this and if they try to stop you that you will make war on them. That is exactly the opposite of fighting for freedom. You are imposing your will on this forum. Which is the exact opposite of freedom. One person or party imposing its will on another. Though it's fighting alright. But not for freedom. And not even really for your opinion. That's fighting for the sake of fighting. But honestly malokin, imo you made it clear from the moment you stepped into this forum that you were itching for a fight. You were taunting the entire forum. So I suppose this was probably inevitable. It's really sad. Such passion and fire wasted on such petty nonsense such as attacking a small indie game forum.
No i dont let human beings in real life rule my life. And I'm not itching for a fight, but if I am censored you are right to think I will fight in every single way I can. I intend for this forum to become a warzone of competing forum and anti-forum technologies. It's sad, but I'v been backed into a corner and the only way OUT, it THRU!
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

TGS wrote: You're making that choice my friend. No-one is making it for you. Freedom, remember?
No, the devs are making the choice to fight piracy, this is a reverse of their earlyer tolerance as I see it, but you are entitled to you "ha ha told ya so" opinions TGS. This must be a big day for you, you deserve to revel in my plight for a moment, but enjoy it while you can. I can promise you this is the START of something bigger. not the END of something.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

Robik
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Robik »

malokin wrote: No i dont let human beings in real life rule my life. And I'm not itching for a fight, but if I am censored you are right to think I will fight in every single way I can. I intend for this forum to become a warzone of competing forum and anti-forum technologies. It's sad, but I'v been backed into a corner and the only way OUT, it THRU!
And your moral justification for it will be?

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

malokin wrote:
TGS wrote:You let human beings tell you every day what you can and cannot do. You live in this world yes? You buy things in this world? You don't go out and steal and kill and take whatever you please? Okay. Then you are letting people tell you what you can and cannot do. Please do not make this about some higher purpose because it's not. This is very clearly isolated to this place. The internet. Where you have power because the system allows you power and you are abusing it to further an agenda you feel righteous. It may be a great cause, it may not be. I don't know. What I do know is that if someone runs around spouting things like "Freedom above all else" yet as soon as you go into someone else's online domain and tell them you are going to do this and if they try to stop you that you will make war on them. That is exactly the opposite of fighting for freedom. You are imposing your will on this forum. Which is the exact opposite of freedom. One person or party imposing its will on another. Though it's fighting alright. But not for freedom. And not even really for your opinion. That's fighting for the sake of fighting. But honestly malokin, imo you made it clear from the moment you stepped into this forum that you were itching for a fight. You were taunting the entire forum. So I suppose this was probably inevitable. It's really sad. Such passion and fire wasted on such petty nonsense such as attacking a small indie game forum.
No i dont let human beings in real life rule my life. And I'm not itching for a fight, but if I am censored you are right to think I will fight in every single way I can. I intend for this forum to become a warzone of competing forum and anti-forum technologies. It's sad, but I'v been backed into a corner and the only way OUT, it THRU!
You haven't been backed into any corner. This is the internet mate. The door is everywhere. You are making this choice. It is very much a choice. You are choosing to impact and impede on everyone else's freedom simply because you feel your views and ideas trump everyone else's. The devs have decided. They are not going to allow you to continue posting a very specific thing. Something that I don't think anyone here is going to object to but you. I wouldn't even say you're being censored to be honest. You're being pulled up to the same standards everyone else is. We all paid for the game. The only expectation is that everyone continues to pay for the game. Hell the devs aren't even against people torrenting to try the game. Provided they purchase it afterwards or naturally get rid of the torrented copy. Though they don't even seem bothered by that. So really you've already won. Anything beyond this is merely pointless fighting over a very specific point. Your perception of censorship. Perhaps you think on the internet anyone can do anything they wish at any cost, but that just isn't true. Nor should it be. Honestly I wouldn't really want to exist in any medium where anyone could literally do anything and get away with it. That would be an extremely hostile and unfriendly environment for everyone. Especially young people.

And while I didn't say you let human beings rule your life, I said you let them tell you what you can and cannot do. However both are actually true. Humans rule your life. Because humans exist 'above' you in various forms throughout the world. These people dictate your life in ways you cannot control. So if you think for one second that you don't let anyone rule your life. You really have no clue. Which I think has kind of been a point you've proven repeatedly now. You simply don't get it. You don't get how the world works and you are resisting it with extreme force, with the only method of power available to you.

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

Robik wrote:
malokin wrote: No i dont let human beings in real life rule my life. And I'm not itching for a fight, but if I am censored you are right to think I will fight in every single way I can. I intend for this forum to become a warzone of competing forum and anti-forum technologies. It's sad, but I'v been backed into a corner and the only way OUT, it THRU!
Cactuses are my moral justification.
Fighting you is now irrelevant, youve been downgraded to civilians. The fight with the forum moderation team and the development team are my concerns now. And I clearly do not mean fighting as in talking, I mean using all the techniques I can to continue to live and post in the way I have become accustomed here. This war, the things I have to do, and the collateral damage caused are not going to be highly moral arguments like they have in the past.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

@TGS
Yes TGS, your right about everything and you always have been. Every argument you make is bulletproof, and clearly you know me in real life and know everything about me. I just like infringing on others people's rights, i can't believe you figured me out so quickly like that.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

malokin wrote:@TGS
Yes TGS, your right about everything and you always have been. Every argument you make is bulletproof, and clearly you know me in real life and know everything about me. I just like infringing on others people's rights, i can't believe you figured me out so quickly like that.
Thank you. Do I win a prize?

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

TGS wrote:
10 pounds of self satisfaction and a picture of cats from the internet.

<torrent links removed>
Last edited by FreeER on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removal of torrent link

Robik
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Robik »

malokin wrote:
Robik wrote:
Cactuses are my moral justification.
Fighting you is now irrelevant, youve been downgraded to civilians. The fight with the forum moderation team and the development team are my concerns now. And I clearly do not mean fighting as in talking, I mean using all the techniques I can to continue to live and post in the way I have become accustomed here. This war, the things I have to do, and the collateral damage caused are not going to be highly moral arguments like they have in the past.
I see, no justification at all.

Anyway, you still don't get it. You can post what you want, but your posts will be moderated if they will contain torrent links. You don't need 'techniques' to post them again.

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

malokin wrote:
TGS wrote:
10 pounds of self satisfaction and a picture of cats from the internet.
Hahaha that's awesome.

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

Thats the ticket!
Anyway, you still don't get it. You can post what you want, but your posts will be moderated if they will contain torrent links. You don't need 'techniques' to post them again.
You are so wrong, i am gonna have to change my IP like crazy, create new forum accounts over and over, and probably used timed automated posting to get around the moderators removing the links. Simply posting it after they delete it probably isnt going to work for long.

I'm assembling the tools I need from the insurgency wiki and 888chan's internet forum warrior's pack so that I can escalate this fight, and put pressure on the people who seek to put pressure on me.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

Robik
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Robik »

malokin wrote:You are so wrong, i am gonna have to change my IP like crazy, create new forum accounts over and over, and probably used timed automated posting to get around the moderators removing the links. Simply posting it after they delete it probably isnt going to work for long.

I'm assembling the tools I need from the insurgency wiki and 888chan's internet forum warrior's pack so that I can escalate this fight, and put pressure on the people who seek to put pressure on me.
You forgot to mention patriot missiles :lol:

Anyway... Somehow, I doubt that self respecting hacker would waste his time on some small indie forum when there are much more juicy and 'evil' targets out there.

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

malokin wrote:
Thats the ticket!
You are so wrong, i am gonna have to change my IP like crazy, create new forum accounts over and over, and probably used timed automated posting to get around the moderators removing the links. Simply posting it after they delete it probably isnt going to work for long.

I still don't get where all the anger and frustration and 'pressure' is coming from. All they've said is you can't post torrent links. No more, no less. Spout your agenda all you like. Advocate all you like for it. You are being prohibited from a single thing. ONE thing.

It would be no different if someone came onto the forum spouting racist slurs left right and center. They would be told to stop, if they refused because it 'impeded their freedom' they would be stopped. Wouldn't mean they themselves are unwelcome or that there needed to be a 'war'. Simply that they were doing the wrong they in accordance with the decision of the administration and are being held accountable for this. I really don't understand how you can be so blatantly aganist ANY regulation on ANY level. Do you live on your own private island with no laws or rules?

I kind of guess that you are in America given a few references you've made. If you are in America then you've already accepted and succumb to laws and rules. You follow them everyday, I hope. You may try to justify this by saying "oh... I just don't feel like going out and killing anyone today" but the fact is you would get your ass thrown in jail if you did. Are you going to start a war on your jailers? No... you're gonna sit your ass in prison and do your time and hopefully learn your lesson and be a better person for it.

No different here. Except the internet is a bit more fluid and you seem to have this need to fight anyone who tries to do anything to you what so ever in any context. Yet you fail to realise that you are doing more to everyone else than anyone is doing to you. So again I must ask. Why is it that YOUR logic and YOUR views are more important than everyone else's?

lyravega
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by lyravega »

malokin wrote:if i had only had the demo instead of pirating, i never would have bought the game. the demo didn't show me how cool the game was, the demo was lame.
So, basically you are trying to "help" the developers. And here yet, this is what we see:
malokin wrote:You are so wrong, i am gonna have to change my IP like crazy, create new forum accounts over and over, and probably used timed automated posting to get around the moderators removing the links. Simply posting it after they delete it probably isn't going to work for long.

How are you helping the developers by doing this now? Do you know what IP (intellectual property) means? Don't think so. Don't go around and say, internet - digital - blabla - pirate - deal with it.

You like pirating? Sure, ok, go ahead. I mean I used to do the same, I thought of pirating as an extended trial. If I liked the game, enjoyed it, I bought it. If I didn't, it wasn't a big deal. And it saved me quite some money aswell, I avoided Dragon Age II for example. Or, I liked Darksiders, and bought it even after I finished the game. I haven't done so for a long time though. But going around in forums, and telling everyone where to rip the game off like I did, no that is out of the line. It shows your character; or lack of it.

You know what? You are the #1 reason that stupid big companies put DRM on everything, never give up an IP after they acquire it, etc... Go do whatever you want silently. Don't "fap" to a picture in a gallery then go around yelling that everyone should "fap" to the same picture with your hands on your dick.

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

lyravega wrote:
malokin wrote:if i had only had the demo instead of pirating, i never would have bought the game. the demo didn't show me how cool the game was, the demo was lame.
So, basically you are trying to "help" the developers. And here yet, this is what we see:
malokin wrote:You are so wrong, i am gonna have to change my IP like crazy, create new forum accounts over and over, and probably used timed automated posting to get around the moderators removing the links. Simply posting it after they delete it probably isn't going to work for long.

How are you helping the developers by doing this now? Do you know what IP (intellectual property) means? Don't think so. Don't go around and say, internet - digital - blabla - pirate - deal with it.

You like pirating? Sure, ok, go ahead. I mean I used to do the same, I thought of pirating as an extended trial. If I liked the game, enjoyed it, I bought it. If I didn't, it wasn't a big deal. And it saved me quite some money aswell, I avoided Dragon Age II for example. Or, I liked Darksiders, and bought it even after I finished the game. I haven't done so for a long time though. But going around in forums, and telling everyone where to rip the game off like I did, no that is out of the line. It shows your character; or lack of it.

You know what? You are the #1 reason that stupid big companies put DRM on everything, never give up an IP after they acquire it, etc... Go do whatever you want silently. Don't "fap" to a picture in a gallery then go around yelling that everyone should "fap" to the same picture with your hands on your dick.
He meant IP as in his IP address (Internet Protocol) but spot on otherwise.

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

@TGS, if you feel comfortable deleting my posts, then I feel comfortable delteing yours whatever the cost.

@Robik, calling the people at 888chan "hackers" is a stretch. Do you think script kiddies would waste their time attacking factorio? I do, and I intend to leverage every resource I can against those that censor me. Even if it disrupts factorio's development, the dev's KNEW trying to fight piracy would detract from the game/ cause alot of extra drama on the forums, and they did it anyway. I'll keep playing the game, while simultaneously doing as much damage as I can manage.

@lyravenga
I'm not helping the devs, I'm attacking them the way I perceive they attacked me, and piracy as a whole. Their attacks, will be met with OUR attacks. I don't find this unreasonable or immoral, and I really dont care if you do, and I dont intent to argue those points with words, I intend only to fight and distract the dev's from their work until I FORCE them to reverse their very poor decision.
edit: they didnt use words to ask me to remove my posts, they used force. I will respond in kind, every kind.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

malokin wrote:@TGS, if you feel comfortable deleting my posts, then I feel comfortable delteing yours whatever the cost.
So eye for an eye basically huh? How ancient of you. Talking about not moving with the times. Oh not to mention very childish. And the difference here is that there is no balance to anything you are doing. You are being stopped from one thing. And you are potentially going to try to stop everyone from doing anything. Which honestly all of this is really beside the point. These are details.

The fact is that that you still failed to answer the very simple question of why your opinion and what YOU want is more valuable and important than what everyone else wants? If every single person on this forum disagrees with you and wants you to go away. Why the hell does your opinion trump all of that? No one attacked you. If anything you attacked first. Piracy is an attack. You may not agree, but again we come right back around to what I literally just said. YOUR opinion of piracy vs everyone else's here. You love piracy. That's fine. No one has a problem with that. But I would probably stand to guess that every person here other than you probably has a problem with you posting torrent links to the game when the devs clearly say don't.

Return to “General discussion”