Pirating Factorio

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Pirating Factorio

Post by malokin »

TGS wrote:stuff
Yup, I'm Hammurabi mixed with Hitler all right, I always support eye for an eye justice. Ya got me!

<torrent links removed>

This is what I'm working on first.
Attacking the site's bandwidth by targeting the game's demo files and larger images using this program:
http://dnathe4th.porfusion.com/partyvan ... aeper.html

We'll give it 1 month and see if that affects the site. Hopefully amazon will see they are giving out alot of extra bandwidth for free, and pressure the devs to fix the problem or move to a different host.

Do not think this is the only attack i have in store, just today's project for me instead of my drivingschool/racing map i was working on in the editor. All attacks will occur at once simultaneously, and only end when the devs concede not to remove pirate links. I think the fact that the forums are open to new members and that anyone can upload images could be used to flood the forum and reduce people's effectiveness to use the forum for legitimate purposes, I'll start that project tomorrow.
Last edited by FreeER on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: rmoved torrent links

Robik
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Robik »

malokin wrote:@Robik, calling the people at 888chan "hackers" is a stretch. Do you think script kiddies would waste their time attacking factorio? I do, and I intend to leverage every resource I can against those that censor me. Even if it disrupts factorio's development, the dev's KNEW trying to fight piracy would detract from the game/ cause alot of extra drama on the forums, and they did it anyway. I'll keep playing the game, while simultaneously doing as much damage as I can manage.
:? If I knew you prefer to be titled script kiddie, I would have used that.

I don't think that developers themselves would waste their time on you, so no worries about hampering development. And please, check the definition of censorship, because stopping the tagger from drawing on your wall is hardly a censorship. :P

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

malokin wrote:Yup, I'm Hammurabi mixed with Hitler all right, I always support eye for an eye justice. Ya got me!
I love how you completely ignore bits you don't want to or can't answer, and when someone actually makes a truthful statement about you that you don't like you cover it up with extreme sarcasm. The fact of the matter is your logic is exactly eye for an eye. "You delete my post I will delete your post" how is that not eye for an eye? Obviously minus the actual eyes.

lyravega
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by lyravega »

malokin wrote:@lyravenga
I'm not helping the devs, I'm attacking them the way I perceive they attacked me, and piracy as a whole. Their attacks, will be met with OUR attacks. I don't find this unreasonable or immoral, and I really dont care if you do, and I dont intent to argue those points with words, I intend only to fight and distract the dev's from their work until I FORCE them to reverse their very poor decision.
edit: they didnt use words to ask me to remove my posts, they used force. I will respond in kind, every kind.
By signing up to this forum, you agreed to their rules. They don't have to use words. Enough said.

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

Hacking would mean I intend to find security vulnerabilities in phpBB forum software, thats silly. I intend to get a small force of people and automated computers to use already made tools to attack the forum.
I don't think that developers themselves would waste their time on you, so no worries about hampering development. And please, check the definition of censorship, because stopping the tagger from drawing on your wall is hardly a censorship. :P
If they didnt waste their time DELETING MY POSTS, then I would agree with you.

I think stopping a tagger is censorship, but like I said, the logic arguments are over now.
Last edited by malokin on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

lyravega wrote:
malokin wrote:@lyravenga
I'm not helping the devs, I'm attacking them the way I perceive they attacked me, and piracy as a whole. Their attacks, will be met with OUR attacks. I don't find this unreasonable or immoral, and I really dont care if you do, and I dont intent to argue those points with words, I intend only to fight and distract the dev's from their work until I FORCE them to reverse their very poor decision.
edit: they didnt use words to ask me to remove my posts, they used force. I will respond in kind, every kind.
By signing up to this forum, you agreed to their rules. They don't have to use words. Enough said.
Yup, thats what the law says all right. Makes no difference to me. I'll say it again, moral justification time is over. Figuring out how to FORCE the devs to reverse their decision is my concern now.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

TGS wrote:
malokin wrote:Yup, I'm Hammurabi mixed with Hitler all right, I always support eye for an eye justice. Ya got me!
I love how you completely ignore bits you don't want to or can't answer, and when someone actually makes a truthful statement about you that you don't like you cover it up with extreme sarcasm. The fact of the matter is your logic is exactly eye for an eye. "You delete my post I will delete your post" how is that not eye for an eye? Obviously minus the actual eyes.
Edit: Response deleted, and withheld until this is all over with.

I'm not having the moral discussion with you anymore no matter how much you want it. I can;t spend time creating posts with amazing content inside of them if I have to be afraid they will just be deleted.

You smell.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

Robik
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Robik »

malokin wrote:

Hacking would mean I intend to find security vulnerabilities in OpenPHP forum software, thats silly. I intend to get a small force of people and automated computers to use already made tools to attack the forum.
Point taken, script kiddie. It is still waste of resources to heal up your hurt ego though.
malokin wrote:
If they didnt waste their time DELETING MY POSTS, then I would agree with you.
As far as I know, mod did it, you know, small force of people who are helping the devs...
malokin wrote:I think stopping a tagger is censorship, but like I said, the logic arguments are over now.
I call it damaging of property and you would too, if it was your wall. :twisted:

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

malokin wrote:Yup, thats what the law says all right. Makes no difference to me. I'll say it again, moral justification time is over. Figuring out how to FORCE the devs to reverse their decision is my concern now.
Moral justification time is over? You never had any moral justification. Not once have you had moral justification in this entire thread. You actually made it pretty clear that you don't see it as an issue of morality. How can you morally justify something that you don't consider part of the moral spectrum?
malokin wrote:Isnt self defense an eye for an eye?
explain how self defense ISNT eye for an eye. People who support eye for an eye ALWAYS support eye for an eye IN ALL MORAL INSTANCES. That is why eye for an eye doesnt work, in many many situations, responding in kind is very appropriate. Thi is the last time I will bother responding to the meat of your moral arguments, The answers to your questions were censored and deleted.
You're right. It is. But who attacked who here? You came onto their forum and attacked via piracy their game. They've actually let you continue this nonsense for how long now? 19 pages worth. Yet YOU are the one defending yourself? Hmm yeah. Good logic you got there.

You are making these claims based on your perception of what an attack is. You cannot honestly think you have the right to say you are defending yourself given that you struck the first blow. And have continued to do so unabated this whole time. As far as you not 'responding' to my moral arguments. These aren't moral arguments. These are logical arguments. Which you are losing quite badly because you are flat out ignoring every viable point brought against you.

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

The ulimate would be to get the devs to be annoyed in real life.
Does anyone know an international version of this:
http://dnathe4th.porfusion.com/partyvan ... ctics.html
I'v managed to get some of the dev's dox quite easily, but I want to have this shitstorm hit all at once. Many of these techniques only work in certain areas, is there an updated version that anyone knows of?
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

Up to this point I was against a ban on this guy. But now I've just been flipped. Definitely time to ban. And keep banning. It's one thing to fight internet crap with internet crap. But when you start taking it to real life that's going too far.

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

@TGS
:lol: Yeah, you didnt want me banned until then. Suuuuuuure.

To me, the internet is a place in real life. Going to the internet is like going to any otherphysical location for me. I think what a person says and does online SHOULD carry back into the real world. Sorry you use the internet's anonymous nature to be a different person than you are in real life. Sounds sad you cant be that person everywhere the way people like me do.
Last edited by malokin on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Garm »

Guys why is this discussion is going on?

90% of this thread was never about pirating the game.

I ask mods again - please take this thread down, I am tired of this egoistical drama train of a thread.

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

malokin wrote:@TGS
I genuinely didn't. I didn't want you posting torrent links, I wanted those removed. But why ban you? You weren't doing anything wrong other than posting the torrent links. In fact honestly I liked you. Up to this point. You seem to have an issue with perceiving enemies where none exist. No wonder you came on here itching for a fight from the get-go.

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

TGS wrote:
I genuinely didn't. I didn't want you posting torrent links, I wanted those removed. But why ban you? You weren't doing anything wrong other than posting the torrent links. In fact honestly I liked you. Up to this point. You seem to have an issue with perceiving enemies where none exist. No wonder you came on here itching for a fight from the get-go.
:lol: I think your posting speaks for itself.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

lyravega
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by lyravega »

malokin wrote:The ulimate would be to get the devs to be annoyed in real life.
I don't think devs give a flying f*ck, but instead probably rolling over the floor, laughing.

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

malokin wrote:
TGS wrote:
:lol: I think your posting speaks for itself.
How ambiguous of you. Quite sad to see a potentially good community member and generally good topic go to crap over such a simple matter. And yes I do believe piracy is a good topic. I like the discussion because it provokes honesty and thought on a subject that is largely biased.

Robik
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Robik »

Garm wrote:Guys why is this discussion is going on?
I ask mods again - please take this thread down, I am tired of this egoistical drama train of a thread.
Not that I disagree with you that the thread is a mess, but I do not see any reason to lock it, if you are tired of it, take a break and don't read it.

Btw, it is not my call but banning does not solve anything, he will just create another account.

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

Robik wrote:Btw, it is not my call but banning does not solve anything, he will just create another account.
You're right. However at what point do you decide that someone is ban worthy? I mean if someone is threatening the forum, the devs personal lives and you aren't prepared to ban them... you pretty much aren't gonna ban anybody ever. Giving people this impression that they can do whatever they want and nobody can stop them is exactly why people like malokin do what they do. Because they can and they think nobody can stop them. You see it on IRC a lot. Possibly more so than forums in fact.

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

Garm wrote:Guys why is this discussion is going on?

Garm, the only way to get rid of me, or people like me, is to come down hard and put negative side affects on all forum members. I'll continue unabashed, but the mods will have to do things like have new members be approved before posting. If they dont do that, I'll spend a day signing up 1000 accounts, and just make those accounts replace my posts every 4 hours with new posts containg the same content. What would you do if you were a mod?
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

Return to “General discussion”