[Invalid ^^] Failing the Kickstarter

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Failing the Kickstarter

Post by kovarex »

Xinvoker wrote:Have you tried to contact RPS?
Press release sent to (without response): Press release sent and wrote about us:

Verbesity
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Verbesity »

You could try contacting TotalHalibut http://www.youtube.com/user/TotalHalibut

He does Indie games pretty regularly in his "WTF is?" first impressions series and has a pretty massive subscriber base. Would bring in a lot of new users to check out the game. He also usually gives pretty good feedback.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Verbesity wrote:You could try contacting TotalHalibut http://www.youtube.com/user/TotalHalibut

He does Indie games pretty regularly in his "WTF is?" first impressions series and has a pretty massive subscriber base. Would bring in a lot of new users to check out the game. He also usually gives pretty good feedback.
Another part from our internal wiki :)

Youtubers we wrote to: We didn't get any reaction, maybe if someone else asked him as well, it might enhance the probability of him noticing.

Verbesity
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Verbesity »

Eh, maybe maybe not. I've seen him responding to comments asking him to do videos on certain games saying he doesn't do requests now that I think about it. :/

mngrif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mngrif »

My suggestion is to get with some of the casters on sites such as http://twitch.tv

In particular is Riptide, who streams during the day and is fairly well known for doing indie games. He's been streaming Don't Starve since it was first available, among others. Having one of the game makers in the stream's chat is a weekly occurance. He averages about 250 viewers, but is pretty much the only non-esports streamer during the day.

http://www.twitch.tv/riptidepow/new

Another streamer to try and get ahold of is LethalFrag who streams at late night my time, and tends to have over 2,000 viewers. He's well known for playing modern roguelikes, such as Binding of Isaac and FTL.

http://www.twitch.tv/lethalfrag/new

A great way to get their attention is to be able to be in chat while they're playing it, answering questions.
My Silly Factorian Tricks
<_aD> OBSERVE SIGNAL ASPECT BEFORE CROSSING TRACK

Poiasdope
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Poiasdope »

You guys could try NorthernLion aswell. He does indie game reviews and is pretty popular too. :)

Code: Select all

http://www.youtube.com/northernlion
Edit: I find it funny that a topic called "Failing the Kickstarter" is doing its best to help the game NOT fail the Kickstarter xD

15Cyndaquil
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by 15Cyndaquil »

I know you guys were hoping for 17 thousand euros but at this stage in development I thing that over 4 thousand euros is a huge accomplishment and if given a few months or just one month and you did this fund raiser again i think you could reach your goal plus a few thousand. this game in my opinion is the next biggest and greatest game since minecraft which i have played everyday until i found out about this game.
The more complicated the game the better

UnrealDiego
Inserter
Inserter

Post by UnrealDiego »

It actually just got a little coverage from RPS:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02 ... uary-2013/

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Hi guys,
Poiasdope wrote: You guys could try NorthernLion aswell. He does indie game reviews and is pretty popular too.
I just sent him an email.
15Cyndaquil wrote:I know you guys were hoping for 17 thousand euros but at this stage in development I thing that over 4 thousand euros is a huge accomplishment and if given a few months or just one month and you did this fund raiser again i think you could reach your goal plus a few thousand. this game in my opinion is the next biggest and greatest game since minecraft which i have played everyday until i found out about this game.
Thanks a lot for encouragements ! Actually when planning the Indiegogo campaign we screwed up big time. We calculated 17k being the amount we need to finish the game (with a certain feature set) - actually a bit less, but Indiegogo / Paypal take their share. However we haven't considered at all, that raising let's say 10k should be enough of a signal to continue and rely on the preorder on our website (in the Minecraft / PrisonArchitect kind of style). Yeah :|
UnrealDiego wrote:It actually just got a little coverage from RPS:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02 ... uary-2013/
Thanks ! Step by step we will get there :D

Ween
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ween »

Let's say that if the indiego campagne does not work, I would be more than happy to give you directly my contribution if you would add a direct order feature (or better, a link for direct contribution) !!!
---<@

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

This is our plan:
When the campaign ends, we will setup new account type (the current is tester, the new will be something like "paid").
We will setup paying system on our site.

If the campaign succeeds, all pledgers will be upgraded to paid.
If the campaign fails, all pledgers will get money back, and will have chance to upgrade to paid account directly on our site.

All the new versions will be avalabile only for those who paid.

I believe this is straightforward and fair.

Wazzebu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Wazzebu »

Sounds fair ;=)

Ween
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ween »

kovarex wrote:I believe this is straightforward and fair.
I agree, and wish you all the best ;)
---<@

Verbesity
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Verbesity »

Sounds good, but how will that work? Will the alpha keys be reset? If the goal isn't met the money would be sent back but the game files can't be sucked back up into the internet. Would anybody who didn't pre-order just stop getting updates or some such?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

This how our google analytics page looked yesterday.
Thank you for spreading the word, you are amazing.

Wazzebu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Wazzebu »

Yeah !!! Excellent !

Ween
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ween »

Very nice overview indeed !!!
---<@

Angelic
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Angelic »

Well, here's to hoping. Sadly, the indiegogo campaign funding doesn't quite reflect the increase in traffic...or maybe it does? I don't have any analytics on that, but it seems to be creeping up at around the same rate.

In the meantime, more tweets :P

Rapio
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rapio »

I have been looking at the numbers every day since I donated and the amount have been rising with ca1000€ a day. If that continues it will pass the goal with a couple of days to spare. I hope the rise in unique visitors will result in a rise in donations so that we have a bigger margin.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

The funding increase is usually delayed (people first play the demo for day or two, and when they start to want more, they contribute).

Return to “General discussion”