End game objective?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
metzyn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

End game objective?

Post by metzyn »

Once everything is researched, what's the end game like? I'm rapidly approaching having all the research completed and am curious what is after that? Is it just improving the factory? The whole point of mining all the ore is for the research itself so unsure what is left after that point. Or is it time for starting over again?
Factorio Modder
Solar Expansion

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: End game objective?

Post by ficolas »

Its freeplay so the objetive is to be better, not really an objetive like... Kill x enemy bases or something.
This is the reason why I started making an endgame based mod :)

metzyn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by metzyn »

ficolas wrote:Its freeplay so the objetive is to be better, not really an objetive like... Kill x enemy bases or something.
Is that the F-mod?
Factorio Modder
Solar Expansion

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

metzyn wrote:
ficolas wrote:Its freeplay so the objetive is to be better, not really an objetive like... Kill x enemy bases or something.
Is that the F-mod?
Yup

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

You can still make big storage and complex train logistic system, build lot of destroyer robots and run through enemy bases etc.
Or you can start over and try to beat our time to finish the game :) (currently 11 hours 16 minutes).

Math3vv
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Math3vv »

kovarex wrote:You can still make big storage and complex train logistic system, build lot of destroyer robots and run through enemy bases etc.
Or you can start over and try to beat our time to finish the game :) (currently 11 hours 16 minutes).
is that the time it took you to research everything or to research and build the rocked defence
(wich is needed to land your colonies space ships, thats what the intro says)

PS : Long handed Inserter :D

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Math3vv wrote:
kovarex wrote:You can still make big storage and complex train logistic system, build lot of destroyer robots and run through enemy bases etc.
is that the time it took you to research everything or to research and build the rocked defence
(wich is needed to land your colonies space ships, thats what the intro says)
To build the rocket defense, to research everything could be another challenge, we could easily add few super expensive upgrade techs to make it require big scale production :)

syneris
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by syneris »

Is there any kind of repeatable research? There really should be to keep science packs use-able for people who don't want to finish a freeplay. Something like global bonuses that are extremely expensive and long time to research. They'd require 5-10k of each pack or more. Each repeat would give a tiny bonus, only 1%.
There are a lot of things that could benefit from stacking up these repeatable global techs. You could have all the module bonuses but without the explicit penalties. Bullet/Laser/Turret damage which might be underpowered compared to what you get from the one-time techs, but it'll be noticeable over time (and given what I understand of the armor combat mechanics). If possible, there could be some that boost modular armor equipment such as a bonus to your shield/battery capacity and reactor output. Perhaps a few that don't have any other way to be increased in the game, such as building health.

These are so minor that they can be ignored, but some might feel worth they are worth the investment. I might be on the wrong track here, but still think there should be something at the end other than tearing down all science related production.

Trucario
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Trucario »

We could made supertechs alike Tanks, ships, planes, superweapons (nuke (LOL, that could be epic) ) Satellites... Orbital strike, solar energy with satellites hmmm all of that can be posible in factorio because is based in the future. Another ideas.. we could add robots, androids, autobuilders, auto-replicating objects... Allies... Idk.

Infinite posibilities...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

syneris wrote:Is there any kind of repeatable research? There really should be to keep science packs use-able for people who don't want to finish a freeplay. Something like global bonuses that are extremely expensive and long time to research. They'd require 5-10k of each pack or more. Each repeat would give a tiny bonus, only 1%.
Did you finish all the robot count upgrades already? :)

syneris
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by syneris »

I just checked down the tree and see those techs get expensive. I haven't played since 0.2.10, so I'm a little behind on a lot of the stuff that has been added. An effective lab setup could probably knock those techs out in a few hours given enough alien artifacts. However, robots don't seem very efficient as they only have a short duration (at least for defenders). I does give you something to spend your resources on, but I was just trying to think of something to encourage continuous base expansion. Resource deposits can last a long time when you aren't consuming much.

Return to “General discussion”