Any tips for offense?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
metzyn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Any tips for offense?

Post by metzyn »

Having a hard time going on the offense. And with 0.7.3 giving radars a purpose, I discovered that my base is completely surrounded. In the past I've always just carried a bunch of walls, laser turrets, and power lines with me inching very slowly toward the enemy until I was able to take them out. Problem with this method is that its SUPER slow and takes forever for just a single base. Meanwhile, I am facing over a dozen bases outside my walls. Any offensive tips for me?
Factorio Modder
Solar Expansion

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Any tips for offense?

Post by kovarex »

It depends on your research level, the most powerful and fastest way to destroy bases is to have lot of destroyer capsules and just go through the base, but it is late game strategy.
In the early game, I tend to get to car and to circle around the base while shooting at the spawners with rocket launcher.

liq3
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Any tips for offense?

Post by liq3 »

If there's only a few worms (2-4), I have basically 3 strategies. Simplimest is flamerthrower + car. Go in, burn up a worm, retreat, fix car, repeat. Another is distractor capsules, since they ... distract the worms and biters. The more worms the more you'll need, but I find 2-4 works on 3~ worms. The other is the simple laser creep. They can tank worms pretty good.

If there's no worms then combat shotgun + advanced ammo or a flamethrower seems to work wonders.

Return to “General discussion”