question about peaceful mode (crosspost with the wiki)

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Twisted_Code
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

question about peaceful mode (crosspost with the wiki)

Post by Twisted_Code »

For those that like being helpful, also reply to my latest post on Talk:Land mine on the wiki, at least if you already have an account there.
I noticed the New Game dialogue tries to clarify what peaceful mode is by saying "enemies never attack first". While I assume that this means they only attack when they or those in their immediate proximity are provoked (possibly by pollution), I need to know for sure. I want to use landmines to prevent enemies from colonizing further in towards my factory
How to report bugs effectively (archived version)because everyone should know this.
The game's tech tree, a visual reference guide.

boro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: question about peaceful mode (crosspost with the wiki)

Post by boro »

They won't attack unless you attack one of their group.

Twisted_Code
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Twisted_Code »

Okay, so pollution won't even affect them? Sweet! Although it does leave me wishing I could turn that mechanic on without starting a new world... i mostly chose peaceful mode because the previou game was cut short because I couldn't expand very far without risking being attacked for simply being near an enemy base. maybe it should be possible to switch the configuration of a world post-generation, along with some more flexibility on how enemies function? Maybe an option to disable evolution altogether (unless this is already available in single player? I remember the wiki saying something about servers being able to configure it, but I doubt that extends to single player), an option to control whether they respond to pollution, and so on? Does anyone else like this idea? I think I'll make a suggestion thread for that, once I worked on the idea a bit.

edit: actually, can't most things about the game be modified through the Lua console? Even so, it would be nice to have a GUI, if only for the people that don't want to even touch Lua. speaking of the Lua console, how do I actually enter a command? I tried just treating it like a shell and typing in a function call, but that seems to just make it put my message in chat, which I guess shouldn't be surprising...
Last edited by Twisted_Code on Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
How to report bugs effectively (archived version)because everyone should know this.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Console commands for a more peaceful game.

/c game.peacefulmode = true
/c game.killallenenmies()

/c game.mapsettings.enemy_evolution.time_factor = 0.000008 * 0
/c game.mapsettings.enemy_evolution.pollution_factor = 0.00003 * 0

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

DaveMcW wrote:Console commands for a more peaceful game.

/c game.peacefulmode = true
/c game.killallenenmies()

/c game.mapsettings.enemy_evolution.time_factor = 0.000008 * 0
/c game.mapsettings.enemy_evolution.pollution_factor = 0.00003 * 0
So you can set them to evolve with pollution and time even when peaceful by not setting the factors to 0

Twisted_Code
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Twisted_Code »

Funny, the console occurred to me just about the same time you were typing up a reply mentioning it, hence the edit I made. Thanks for saving me the trouble of figuring out the command to adjust that, along with the command to enter Lua instructions. As I said in my edit, it would be nice to at least have a GUI for setting these things so those that aren't somewhat competent with Lua aren't left in the dust.

Return to “General discussion”