O the places you'll go!

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Cougarific
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

O the places you'll go!

Post by Cougarific »

Don't know if this should be in Suggestions or Fan Fiction or what, but I'm just fantasizing about how far this could potentially be taken. I've read that TTD was a big influence here, and the transport side is certainly shaping up nicely.

So imagine if, at some point, it evolves into "Okay you've safely brought in the colonists. Now we have to move *them* around and supply them with the stuff *they* need to survive." Wouldn't that be neat? It'd be a whole new game! Based on your initial success in bringing them in safely, you're elected Governor of the colony or something, now all these new tasks are on your agenda. Shuttling to work sites, residential areas, recreation areas. Moving food, providing clean water, disposing of waste, etc. The possibilities are literally endless!

What other kinds of pie-in-the-sky dreaming are you doing about the future of Factorio?

beny166
Inserter
Inserter

Re: O the places you'll go!

Post by beny166 »

I actually really like your idea. Maybe one day, maybe in something like DLC it'll come true.

As for me I really hope there will be some sort of food system implemented.

WovenCookie
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WovenCookie »

This would be an amazing aspect to the game, but if at all, this would be in the FAR far future. I do wish it would go this far though.
As the magic conch once said... maybe someday.

leblisboa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by leblisboa »

1st Factorio Expansion Pack - Now we need homes!

I always dream of a "post end game", where the civilization finally reaches the planet, and all the industrial infrastructure created so far will be used to manufacture necessary things for population on the planet.

lvlurphy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lvlurphy »

+1 for Cougarific idea

Return to “General discussion”