Forum theme

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Forum theme

Post by slpwnd »

This one has been brought up before but without any continuation. I spent some time looking into themes for phpbb3 forums however I haven't found any that would be usable out of the box. I really liked the preview posted by @Aza-industries: http://www.aza-industries.net/aaronsima ... ewssss.jpg in the previous thread: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... heme#p7329.

So I was wondering, what is the general opinion on having the theme for the forum? I am personally fine with the current "plain" style, however it can look amateurish to people new to the game (and the forum). If you know about some theme that you believe would fit well and still maintain readability, feel free to post a link.

Arakasi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Forum theme

Post by Arakasi »

I would prefer some darker them. But this one also seems to be OK.

zer0t3ch
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by zer0t3ch »

I think you can just install more themes, make one a default, and then people can pick out of the installed themes in the UserCP if they want something different. (Such as light vs. dark themes) I personally would prefer a darker theme, but just getting a theme in general would help attract new players. Personally I'm fine with this vanilla one.
"F**k thy hater"
-George Watsky

Feel free to contact me!
Razer Comms: Zer0t3ch
Email: zer0t3ch@live.com

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I think instand of inbuilt icons game graphics can be used and instead of the background just a factorio map and voila, it should really look like factorio.

The darkness is ok, I think always for so dark layouts, that it makes headache or so. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

I personally prefer vanila type theme. Main reason for this is that becouse it doesn't heavily relies on some graphics it loads verry fast.

But yes as it was already mentioned phpBB forums do support multiple themes so users can go and chose the one they like the most.

applemachine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by applemachine »

I think instand of inbuilt icons game graphics can be used and instead of the background just a factorio map and voila, it should really look like factorio.

The darkness is ok, I think always for so dark layouts, that it makes headache or so.
I agree with this. You can use the new dark theme, but use game graphics in place of the minecraft or default icons. Perhaps a different inserter for different thread types (new post, no new post, topic you posted in, etc...)

I also agree that dark themes cause some kind of eye problems. I hate the dwarf fortress theme because I always want to read new updates but it takes my eyes like 30 seconds after to adjust to reading white letters on the black background.

Edit: nevermind, I see inserters are used for user levels...

Return to “General discussion”