Rail Kill

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
applemachine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Rail Kill

Post by applemachine »

I decided to bring in my new resources using open TTD style train system because I thought it would be more efficient and also fun to build. These trains are bringing in a ton of resources and look cool doing it. The only problem is that whenever I have to leave my base or cross the tracks I have to watch for speeding trains ready and willing to turn my brains into spaghetti. I have to admit this danger is kind of exciting. Just before writing this post I was a hair from being turned into a pancake.

I could make a bunch of suggestions like warning lights or crossing sections, but I don't want to. I like risking my life to cross the street. Of course if autosave was disabled, I'd be pissed LOL.

As a side note, would anyone be interested in seeing my train system? I was thinking of making a vid, but wasn't sure if anyone would be interested.

Thanks,
Apples

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Rail Kill

Post by ssilk »

Of course. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

zer0t3ch
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by zer0t3ch »

applemachine wrote:I decided to bring in my new resources using open TTD style train system because I thought it would be more efficient and also fun to build. These trains are bringing in a ton of resources and look cool doing it. The only problem is that whenever I have to leave my base or cross the tracks I have to watch for speeding trains ready and willing to turn my brains into spaghetti. I have to admit this danger is kind of exciting. Just before writing this post I was a hair from being turned into a pancake.

I could make a bunch of suggestions like warning lights or crossing sections, but I don't want to. I like risking my life to cross the street. Of course if autosave was disabled, I'd be pissed LOL.

As a side note, would anyone be interested in seeing my train system? I was thinking of making a vid, but wasn't sure if anyone would be interested.

Thanks,
Apples
Definitely. And while I agree with enjoying the excitement, some people wouldn't, so warning lights are still a good idea.
"F**k thy hater"
-George Watsky

Feel free to contact me!
Razer Comms: Zer0t3ch
Email: zer0t3ch@live.com

applemachine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by applemachine »

haha maybe...

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Warning lights, smorning lights. :roll:
Didn't your folks ever teach you to look both ways before crossing the tracks? ;)
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

If streets/roads would be implemented I think it would be useful.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

askovdk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by askovdk »

Or only cross by night? ;)
The sweeping headlight from the engines is so simple, yet it adds so much atmosphere (feeling / flavour) to the game.

On a serious note, then I could imagine that we might get tunnels sometime, that could be used for save crossings. We already have underground belts and pipes.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Warning lights would be easy to create
using an universal way of connecting circuit networks to train signals and rail segments.
I hope the universe will allow for that feature's existence one day :)

Goddohando
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Goddohando »

I think it is good as is, although adding mag-lev tracks powered by electricity is certainly a must!

Freetambo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Freetambo »

applemachine wrote:
Bring it on! (I would prefer pictures over video by the way)

Return to “General discussion”