Version 0.6

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Version 0.6

Post by DRBLN »

When is it expected?

wrtlprnft
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.6

Post by wrtlprnft »

Maybe this post can answer your question.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

The 0.6.0 is definitely coming in July. Most of the things are done actually. Kovarex is going away for a week now and after he is back we will do some final polishing and release.

Cerus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cerus »

Really looking forward to seeing what you guys are doing for the terrain. Any hints to the style you're going for?

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

In 0.6.0 the trees will be generated in the same way as the terrain (which IMHO looks much better). And also Albert is working on a new look for the tiles. Here is a preview of first version: http://kozelek.cz/stuff/factorio/0.6.0_ ... review.jpg

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

slpwnd wrote:In 0.6.0 the trees will be generated in the same way as the terrain (which IMHO looks much better). And also Albert is working on a new look for the tiles. Here is a preview of first version: http://kozelek.cz/stuff/factorio/0.6.0_ ... review.jpg
Much cooler, but I think that the trees' texture doesnt fit with the terrain texturemm .

Cerus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cerus »

slpwnd wrote:In 0.6.0 the trees will be generated in the same way as the terrain (which IMHO looks much better). And also Albert is working on a new look for the tiles. Here is a preview of first version: http://kozelek.cz/stuff/factorio/0.6.0_ ... review.jpg
Ay, neat!

Are there any longer term plans to give the environment a more "natural" look?

I'd make more specific suggestions/observations on terrain generation, but I'm not sure that's appropriate in this thread.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Cerus wrote:Are there any longer term plans to give the environment a more "natural" look?
Yes. It is an ongoing process. I really think that doodads (items that have no or just supportive meaning) will help a lot (wrecks of othe ships, more variable fauna, rock monoliths, alien ruins, etc.).
Cerus wrote:I'd make more specific suggestions/observations on terrain generation, but I'm not sure that's appropriate in this thread.
Feel free to start one;)

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Version 0.6.0 is coming by the end of this week.

Return to “General discussion”