Engame content

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Agomy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Engame content

Post by Agomy »

Hay everyone,

it's been a while and ever since 1.0 was released and the main game content is therefore finished so i was wondering if i was dreaming about the originally planned endgame content or if i read it sometime in the past in the forums but can't find it anymore.

However in my memory the idea of Factorio was that you crashed onto a planet and wanted to go back home.
For that you created an industry to build a rocket.

So far we got that in the game.

But i remember further that the game should then allow you to build a space station which gets supply from the planets surface. That space station would then be expandable and you would build your spaceship on that space station which is then going to bring you back home.
Perhaps with new materials from asteroids or perhaps space debris that is still orbiting the planet from the initial crash or something like that.

I decided to post that in the Ideas and Suggestions section due to me no longer remembering if that was the idea all along or if i made that up and in the latter case that might be taken as a suggestion after all.

~Agomy

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Engame content

Post by Koub »

A big expansion is coming : https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-367. We don't have information about its contents, the devs seem to want to surprise us, so I assume spoilers will be minimal.
Some things that were on the roadmap were descoped along the way for 1.x :
https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-349 (and many more)

But as I've said, we don't know what will be in the expansion. Coupd be things that were on the roadmap and were postponed, or radically different and unplanned things to date. We really don't know.

[Koub] Also moving this to General discussion, as it's not really a suggestion (at all in fact).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

DarkShadow44
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Agomy wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:33 pm
But i remember further that the game should then allow you to build a space station which gets supply from the planets surface. That space station would then be expandable and you would build your spaceship on that space station which is then going to bring you back home.
Perhaps with new materials from asteroids or perhaps space debris that is still orbiting the planet from the initial crash or something like that.
Looks like you'd be interested in the SpaceExploration mod.
Koub wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:39 pm
But as I've said, we don't know what will be in the expansion. Coupd be things that were on the roadmap and were postponed, or radically different and unplanned things to date. We really don't know.
Even you as mod are not in the loop?
I personally still hope for the fluid rework, but I'm not holding my breath.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

DarkShadow44 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:30 am
Koub wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:39 pm
Even you as mod are not in the loop?
I can only speak for myself, but ... not the slightest :). And I'm totally fine with that : When you want to surprise someone (the community for instance), the fewer people know the surprise, the smaller chance something leaks somewhere too early.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

blazespinnaker
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by blazespinnaker »

Endgame content... try space exploration mod. I mean, holy cow
OptimaUPS Mod, pm for info.

Return to “General discussion”