Some things I miss

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Some things I miss

Post by Mauslag PIngman »

I miss being able to move train stops in the list of stations that my train is going to visit. I think you used to be able to move the stop and the conditions or just one line of conditions anywhere you wanted. This was especially useful if I set up a train station and then later decided I needed another train station. I usually number them as I go along and adding that station often end up sending the train on a huge loop. Lets say you have to copper ore stations. The first one you encounter is called Ore 3 and the second one you encounter is Ore 2. You named them that way because you always build towards the far end of the track and you number them in order. So the station at the far end is created first and named 2. Later you decide you need another station on that segment so its in front of 2 but its named 3. If you want to do a few seconds of picking up on each station you'll end up doing a loop which adds to traffic mess. Course you could build a separate track for each station, but I don't always do that. Sometimes the track is long and seems like it would be easy to add another stop on the same line.

I miss being able to set up train routes by copying the info from a train stop and pasting it into list. Once again I'm not positive that was ever allowed. Might have been canceled because it caused problems.

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Some things I miss

Post by torne »

You can still reorder train stops in the list; see the animation on https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-279 for how this works in the new UI. You need to grab the decorated part of the bar with the train stop name and drag it.

I'm not aware of being able to copy/paste from train stops to schedules ever, but maybe I just never discovered it. You can copy the entire schedule from one train to another with the usual entity copy/paste operation though.

Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Some things I miss

Post by Mauslag PIngman »

Thanks, I had gone looking for that but couldn't find it. Finally got it to work. I could have used it this morning.

Return to “General discussion”