Whats your current game goal?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Whats your current game goal?

Post by vedrit »

I want to build a modular megabase, where each module is specializing in one intermediate or advanced component, and everything is getting transported to wherever it gets used at

HalfPastZulu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by HalfPastZulu »

Find a new coal patch before this one runs out ! :mrgreen:

Tym
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tym »

currently putzing with kovarex enrichment, and feeding the main bus to facilitate rocket launches. 100,000+ enriched uraniums, and 137 launches. in 250+ hours.

golfmiketango
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by golfmiketango »

Trying to immanentize the eschaton. I'm like 40% of the way there :)

cronic-zombie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by cronic-zombie »

im creating a mega base that does 10k science a min

in (mostly) vanilla .... (upgrade planner and auto deconstruct)

FrodoOf9Fingers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FrodoOf9Fingers »

7k science per minute, exemplifying stop and go furnace setup (trains stop at a stop for exactly 1 tick). I'm having to redesign my train bus system to the mines for the sake of ups.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

HalfPastZulu wrote:Find a new coal patch before this one runs out ! :mrgreen:
That is always the problem early on.

I find untangling belts to be my most common goal.
I use a bus now, so the input is (Almost) never tangled, but the second it leaves the bus, well, Was nice comprehending the layout.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

FactorioParadox
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FactorioParadox »

I'm currently working towards military science so I can unlock tanks to more effectively deal with biters.

osric_athanasius
Inserter
Inserter

Post by osric_athanasius »

Just completed my most recent goal today of the No Spoon achievement.

Now I aim to design a war module to complement my robot module and other pre-rocket modules.

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Illiander42 »

The Eriksonn wrote:My goal is to program breakout on my combinator computer. Its super "off topic" depending on how you see it but it is quite fun (and hard).
At some time i want to try to figure out if i can make an irl program to compile some code into a Blueprint string that fits into the combinator computer.
Coding to make it easier to code things in a game that is not at all about code, i Think im doing something wrong...
How's your LLVM knowledge for GCC?

Septimus ii
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Septimus ii »

Currently, I'm working on completing Seablock. Just closed the game for the first time in at least 48 hours - that thing is SLOW!

Tricorius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tricorius »

Septimus ii wrote:Currently, I'm working on completing Seablock. Just closed the game for the first time in at least 48 hours - that thing is SLOW!
Man, Seablock might just break my “vanilla only” policy. ;) Everything I hear and read seems pretty awesome.

Angels/Bobs as well.

As is, just started a new Death World randomized, no preview look. Got dumped in with a ton of everything except coal. Had a small (about 25k patch) and no new coal in sight. :(

Never give up though! I did scout a decent oil patch and dropped a turret cluster on it before the biters closed in...so I’m hoping to survive another day. News at 11! (Or on the weekend.)

I want to turn this into a modular megabase” though.

(Which leads to...)
vedrit wrote:I want to build a modular megabase, where each module is specializing in one intermediate or advanced component, and everything is getting transported to wherever it gets used at
How “modular” are you planning on going with intermediates? I’m trying to decide my strategy while watching biters close in on my base and trying to beat them with a turret wall. :)

I’m thinking smelt on site, with small amounts of iron ore (in a couple outposts) going to a stoneworks for concrete. (Similar for stone, since it needs to be baked and used raw.) other resources will be completely smelted / processed on site...I’m considering even processing Uranium ore on site and sending U-23x to a kovorax facility.

But I was thinking of making “basic” intermediates on site in the manufacturing modules. (Copper coils made in the green circuits module, iron gears and pipes made in the engines module, etc.) I considered having modules for all those things too but it feels like you’d be massively overproducing very common parts.

meganothing
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by meganothing »

The goal I'm working on just now is to make a very compact (belt-based) productivity3-module factory that produces exactly one module every 60 seconds. Nothing really complicated, but it was fun planning and building it. And now I'm testing it, already had to optimize the raw material delivery to the factory and now am adjusting belts to get the mats to all assembler in time.

RunItsATrap
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RunItsATrap »

After my last large run (SeaBlock in 0.15) I took a little break and now finished a Vanilla factory with no-bots, no-laser, no-solar, no-walls, no-turrets (only pre-emptive strikes, train-world obviously) to get some more achievements. 't was a blast.

I'll keep this factory running to get the "all science" achievement.

It has been very refreshing, after the Bob's Angels SeaBlock madness, to do a very simple run. I opted to not only not do requester/active provider chests for the achievements, but to build no bots whatsoever until launch. It felt... good and relaxed. Nice bonus: when starting with bots afterwards in a fully fledged factory, they pop into existence very fast indeed.

Next goal? Not sure. Bob's Angels left me kind of spoiled. I tried Yuoki in between, and could not stomach it (too little polish, too freaky/arbitrary tech tree/names). Got a PyMods duo savegame lying around, but it's kind of dormant (and the scaling in that seemed a little less fun for us than B'A due to being extremely "front-loaded", having to create huge fields of stuff to create resources, though it's nice from a style point-of-view).

RunItsATrap
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RunItsATrap »

Tricorius wrote:
Septimus ii wrote:Currently, I'm working on completing Seablock. Just closed the game for the first time in at least 48 hours - that thing is SLOW!
Man, Seablock might just break my “vanilla only” policy. ;) Everything I hear and read seems pretty awesome.

Angels/Bobs as well.
Seablock was what broke my "vanilla only" policy. Went from all Vanilla all the time (including megabases) to full Seablock Pack, which includes Bob's Angels and quite a few QoL choices, Helmod etc.. I was extremely reluctant, but it was really good - I think those two are some of the most polished and downright perfect mod packs of all time, in any game I played. The attention to detail is incredible, on every level, and it all kind of makes sense when you get used to it. And the Seablock idea is the icing on the cake, leading to many very separate phases in your factory. So I wholeheartedly suggest to try that.

By the way, I borked my Seablock run in the end - I thought it would be a good idea to skip the Bob Modules because I read they trivialize endgame - that was a big error on my part. Also, I did a lot of small functional blocks which "communicated" using bots, but were fully belt/inserter inside. All of this was in 0.15, and both choices together totally killed UPS at the end (belts were not optimized yet in 0.15, and skipping modules meant that I needed many more individual assemblers etc.). I stopped the game after establishing the satellite network because it would have taken absurdly long to crunch through the rest of SpaceX. But the part before was some incredibly fun 380 hours spent. :D

Ace_W
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ace_W »

Beat a RSO expensive recipe run. Post a possible general purpose outpost build here soon.
"No! This one goes there! That one goes There! Right?!"

Szpak
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Szpak »

I'm trying to build 10k/s beakers mega (giga?) base on an amplified deathworld driven only by nuclear power plant. Bots only. No belts'n no pipes. All fluids are barreled and shipped to consumers via train with only exception to steam.

Edit: typos

Trebor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Trebor »

I’m building my biggest base yet, 1 science per second, small by most people’s standards here. Belted (yellow mostly), minimal bot usage, controlled power usage (turning on/off modules with accumulators for isolation not night power), steam for night power solar for day may add nuclear.

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by adam_bise »

Trying to make the most pollution as possible. Aka clearing forests for miles, wasting energy etc.. I want to see how big of a pollution bubble I can get.

Also trying to set a record for most pps ever. (pistols per second) :lol:

Szpak
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Szpak »

adam_bise wrote:Also trying to set a record for most pps ever. (pistols per second) :lol:
Now that is what makes this game great! :)
Once, I've made huge plant that converts wood into planks and then into wooden chests just to burn them ;) It wasn't efficient (chest cost is 2 raw wood but it has same fuel value as a single raw wood [4MJ] )but a great way of quick wood disposal

Return to “General discussion”