.15 ETA - how close is it?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

.15 ETA - how close is it?

Post by quinor »

.13 was in end of June 2016, .14 end of August. It's January now, how close the .15 is? I wanna start a new playthrough when it comes out - for obvious reasons - and probably don't wanna do one before it does - for even more obvious reasons :)

I am tracking forum loosely and FFF more closely; is there something said that I'm missing?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: .15 ETA - how close is it?

Post by Klonan »

Nobody knows, somewhere between a couple of months and a couple of months

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by quinor »

Thanks! The bit I was seeking was "at least two months", becouse "a couple of months" is at least two ;)

I was curious kindof what is the general state, becouse that will be a first major game mechanics update since .12 (july 2015) and I'm quite excited (well, I think we all are). I expect we'll be waiting for it for quite long, but it would be really nice to know how is your work going compared to a big plan. Also, as a programmer, I am fully aware why you don't wanna put out any actual dates as things tend to go unexpected and strech in time.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

February ETA is out the window then? =(

Then again I've got a lot left to do in Bob's Mods which I won't be able to play in the new version until he gets a chance to basically rewrite them all xP
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

hi_impact
Inserter
Inserter

Post by hi_impact »

My guess is that since we haven't seen the final art(and wattage) for nuclear, or a 0.15 circuit network FF, or a final 0.15 HD art FF, the final 0.15 Research rework FF, final weapon rebalance FF, we have at least 5-8 weeks.

It is a huge content update. It will be most likely the major content addition before 1.0, which has been long awaited. You also have to remember the Factorio team debugged 0.14 HEAVILY (every week there was a new 0.14 build it feels like) and made multiplayer amazingly lag-free (compared to before). There really hasn't been a lot of time on 0.15 and if they get it out in March I would be IMPRESSED.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Yeah but everyone's forgotten that they were supposedly working on 0.15 while 0.14 was being tested, and that the 0.14 release wouldn't delay 0.15 but oh well.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

It's possible for 0.15 to be delayed without the delay having anything to do with 0.14 - the original timeline for 0.14 before the multiplayer stuff was conceived may already have been too tight :)

Calbrenar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Calbrenar »

Shouldn't we be getting an experimental version ahead of the actual release by quite a bit?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Calbrenar wrote:Shouldn't we be getting an experimental version ahead of the actual release by quite a bit?
When referring to the 0.15 release we're already talking about the experimental version. The stable release will likely be a few weeks/months after.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Calbrenar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Calbrenar »

daniel34 wrote:
Calbrenar wrote:Shouldn't we be getting an experimental version ahead of the actual release by quite a bit?
When referring to the 0.15 release we're already talking about the experimental version. The stable release will likely be a few weeks/months after.
Oh ok that makes sense. I only asked because Factorio is pretty much the only game where I don't even care about the "stable release". You don't need it because the experimental release is already so damn stable

ChoMar
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ChoMar »

Oh ok that makes sense. I only asked because Factorio is pretty much the only game where I don't even care about the "stable release". You don't need it because the experimental release is already so damn stable
True that. The Bugfixes in the Changelog sometimes read like "fixed a bug where an EMP Detonation in your house during an Alien Invasion on a Monday may cause your screen to flicker"
Mytronix Entertainment

OdinYggd
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OdinYggd »

torne wrote:It's possible for 0.15 to be delayed without the delay having anything to do with 0.14 - the original timeline for 0.14 before the multiplayer stuff was conceived may already have been too tight :)
Said delay happened. The office shared a Flu that delayed progress by upwards of a week. Or so has been hinted at in the FFFs and in conversation with the team on IRC.

The most recent FFF I saw showed that they had the workflow for nuclear done, but none of the models were ready. As far as what else is included in 0.15, I'm not sure what the progress is.

These things don't happen overnight. Give them time to work on it, rushing leads to bugs and poor performance.
In my mind, Steam is the eternal king of the railway.

Return to “General discussion”