[1.1.39] Steam cloud saves not syncing to Steam

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[1.1.39] Steam cloud saves not syncing to Steam

Post by Pridesfall »

I tried loading Factorio on my laptop but it won't because it says my desktop has not finished syncing. I browsed my user data on Steam and found it hasn't uploaded my saves to the cloud since June. Before, when it would upload, I couldn't restart Factorio until it finished uploading once I closed Factorio. Right now, I can immediately reopen it after closing. Meaning, it isn't even trying to sync.
  • I have opened Factorio settings in Steam and verified "Keep games saves in the Steam Cloud for Factorio" is checked. It shows I Have 1.76 GB stored and 2.89 GB available.
  • Under Steam settings, under "Cloud" I made sure the first option "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for applications which support it" is enabled.
  • Under "Downloads" I have tried clearing download cache.
  • I have verified the integrity of the game files.
  • I have logged out of my account in the game and then back in again.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(101.97 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

Flo-P
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.39] Steam cloud saves not syncing to Steam

Post by Flo-P »

I've got a similar issue. I tried reinstalling steam and factorio without success.
It won't upload a specific save and I'm guessing it's because of it's size? (450mb)

Have you checked the cloud logs in steam folder?
I see this error:
[AppID 427520] Upload Invalid Parameter for file Factorio/saves/_autosave3.zip

Sorry I don't have a solution. I'm also looking for one. did you happen to fix it since last month?

aetherpirate
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by aetherpirate »

I am on 1.1.48 and have the same issue, and have tried the same fixes. Been using Dropbox to manually move my savefile around. My steam cloud log shows the same issue with "invalid parameter".

SmotPokin42000
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SmotPokin42000 »

Same issue on 1.1.57, does it when I go to play the game.
I just keep canceling the option to play without it and hit play until it works.
Kind of seems like this gets worse the more stuff I add to my library.

Scokee
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Scokee »

I have the same issue on 1.1.59 with a 471MB save (Invalid parameter). The cloud sync saved successfully when my game was 408MB, so I think it's related to file size.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

From memory steam cloud sync has a max total size. (Personally I normally turn it off, but that is because I have crappy upload bandwidth).

Return to “Technical Help”