Steam account linking

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
ViktorPRANK
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Steam account linking

Post by ViktorPRANK »

I gonna get license in Steam soon. If I link my account on site with Steam account did I get possibility to download Factorio directly from website (just dislike like Steam but for my region it gives me something around 65% off)? And what about difference in Steam username and Factorio.com username? FAQ says "strongly recommended to have same usernames" but main username taken long ago on Steam. Is it really necessary and can cause problems?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Steam account linking

Post by Loewchen »

Yes you can get the game from factorio.com when buying it on steam, check the local faq.
Any support questions will be a mess if you have different account names and you might not be able to let steam auto generate the account if you really need a different name.

ViktorPRANK
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Steam account linking

Post by ViktorPRANK »

Thx for answer!
Loewchen wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:25 am
Any support questions will be a mess if you have different account names and you might not be able to let steam auto generate the account if you really need a different name.
I already have Factorio account o I need just to link it with my Steam, I know. But what about support questions? It is about this forum?
Also, what nickname I will have in game: from Steam or from site? Or from somewhere else?

Return to “Technical Help”