Get back to DirectX

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
seePyou
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Get back to DirectX

Post by seePyou »

I'm having some GPU issues that make the card eject from the system or the driver crashes. While I'm trying to resolve this, I was playing Factorio and after such an event it asked me if I want to make the game OpenGL. I kept saying no, as it's not Factorio's fault, but one time I did so by accident. Now I don't know how to revert it back. The config-file (which I found by going to Steam properties for the game and going to Browse files) doesn't have anything in it and Steam doesn't have any launch options for it.

I'm running 1.1.39

How can I make the game DirectX again?

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Get back to DirectX

Post by Silari »

Should be in the settings file AFAIK, but you can also access it via loading the game, holding Ctrl+Alt, and clicking Settings, then choosing the new option 'The rest'. That lets you edit hidden settings. Under the Graphics Settings section there's one called 'force-opengl' - toggle it off.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Are you sure you're in forced OpenGL ? What is written near the top of your logfile ?
Around line 11, there should be something like either of the lines :

0.215 Initialised OpenGL:[0] GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2; driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 456.71
0.118 Initialised Direct3D[0]: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080; id: 10de-1b80; driver: nvldumdx.dll 27.21.14.5671

If you have OpenGL, the place where the option is hidden is in Ctrl-Alt-Click [Settings] in the main menu, then [The rest], and look for "force-opengl". If checked, uncheck it.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

seePyou
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by seePyou »

Return to “Technical Help”