Game Screen Quality Decreased

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Game Screen Quality Decreased

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

1366X768 Geforce GTX 950M

I don't use any image related mods. My screen zoom level wasn't that high; I was getting a closer but clearer image.

Likewise, the quality wasn't that low when zooming in at the highest level.

I have uploaded the relevant images. see

I haven't been in the game for a long time, I played a game using pc+tv with hdmi cable for a different game. that would change the resolution from 1366x768 to 1920.

Now, when I open the game with my own laptop without using a cable normally, the images have dropped in quality as I mentioned. (I think I'm still getting 1920 resolution, as my zoom level and low quality indicate this.)

While I don't know the exact reason (though I'm not sure), I think it's the cause.

The selected monitor is not changed from the in-game setting. But I think it's already selected.

How can I get my old game image quality (less zoom out+higher quality image)?

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=105093
Beacon domain & Cable access area coloring (Color Tone variations)

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Game Screen Quality Decreased

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

Does anyone really have an idea?

Nightc0re
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nightc0re »

oyunbagimlisi wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:21 pm
Likewise, the quality wasn't that low when zooming in at the highest level.
When zooming in at the highest level, the textures are always pixelated, because the textures are optimized for a different zoom level.
If you want the best picture quality, press Ctrl+F9 (this resets the zoom to the pixel perfect resolution), or you can press F9 for half the resolution of that.

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

Thank you, but this is not the answer I was looking for. I know the zoom out with the scroll key.

I had the same issue in a few games, even eu4, to name a few. Even though I was using my own desktop resolution, in the game launcher, it was stuck at 1920x1080. Whereas my screen is 1366x768. I had problems because of this, but I made the necessary correction from the launcher settings.

But I don't know where and how to reset the game resolution setting in factorio, I need to learn it. The game looks distant and faded as if I still have a 1920x1080 screen. I hope I was able to explain...

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

oyunbagimlisi wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:00 am
Thank you, but this is not the answer I was looking for. I know the zoom out with the scroll key.

I had the same issue in a few games, even eu4, to name a few. Even though I was using my own desktop resolution, in the game launcher, it was stuck at 1920x1080. Whereas my screen is 1366x768. I had problems because of this, but I made the necessary correction from the launcher settings.

But I don't know where and how to reset the game resolution setting in factorio, I need to learn it. The game looks distant and faded as if I still have a 1920x1080 screen. I hope I was able to explain...
I am going to take a guess, but you mean the GUI is smaller than you expect?

You can use CTRL + Numpad +/- to increase/decrease the GUI scale

Nightc0re
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nightc0re »

oyunbagimlisi wrote:
I think factorio uses the same resolution as your desktop. So I guess you have configured 1920x1080 in your Nvidia Control Panel somewhere.
Try to check those setting in the Nvidia Control Panel (and also check the Desktop Resolution of Windows itself).

You can perform a simple test, to check whether your display is actually set to 1920x1080.
Launch Factorio with following command line parameters (https://wiki.factorio.com/Command_line_parameters).
cmd wrote: factorio.exe --window-size "1366x768"
If Factorio opens a new window that is smaller than your screen, then you have 1920x1080 in your Nvidia Control Panel somewhere.
If Factorio opens a new window that is filling up the complete space of your desktop, then Factorio and your screen is at 1366x768.

Hope this helps.

Edit:
After some testing, I can confirm, that the UI is smaller at your resolution, but this is mainly because of the UI scale (it is 75% for your resolution).
So as Klonan already said, change the UI scale in your "Interface Settings" to Custom (100%), then you should have the same UI "quality" as with 1920x1080.

Regarding the texture quality, I see no difference. When pressing Ctrl+F9, the textures are sharp, and very high quality.

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

Thank you to each and every one of you for your interest and help. I think I'm having an optimization problem caused by Geforce Experience. For a long time, he could not see and optimize the games correctly. I guess I'll have to format it. I think I got an increase in texture quality with the driver uninstall-install game reinstallation. It may seem that way to me, of course xd

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

Klonan wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:18 am
oyunbagimlisi wrote:

I am going to take a guess, but you mean the GUI is smaller than you expect?

You can use CTRL + Numpad +/- to increase/decrease the GUI scale
For a long time, I played with terrible visual quality even though my system was adequate... I reset all the settings in the control panel and set the default (default) again. I think the graphics I dropped while playing bannerlord also affected factorio. I configured it by selecting the application, I chose "high quality". The problem was solved. I had to reset the settings from the Nvidia control panel, not from the GeForce application. My image quality has now clearly changed completely, I've been torturing my eyes all this time. Although all of the graphics settings in the game are of the highest quality, they directly affect the settings here (nvidia). Let me share the screenshot...

Return to “Technical Help”