Client jitter/rubberbanding when shooting.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
JitterMan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Client jitter/rubberbanding when shooting.

Post by JitterMan »

Using the ingame host button stuff, so no dedicated server stuff.

We both have powerfull computers, both of us have good connections (we have no jitter/rubberbanding bs in any other game), max ping if things are bad is 50, but more often it's 5-15.
This is unmodded.

Both of us suffer from this, if I host, he has the jitter/rubberband when shooting. Game is otherwise fine.
If he hosts, I have the jitter/rubberbanding when shooting. Game is otherwise fine.

Rarely (but often enough to be annoying), the game will go nuts for the client and start jittering/rubberbanding outside of combat. This does not seem to be because of save file sizes etc, because if the host restarts on the same save, then it will be back to normal. Almost as if it starts consuming resources in a particular way that fucks everything up. host is fine.
Trough all of this, host has no issues at all.

What can we do to diagnose this?

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Client jitter/rubberbanding when shooting.

Post by eradicator »

Client rubberbanding when switching in/out of "shooting state" (aka combat) is just how "lag hiding" in factorio works, nothing to be done about (search forum for "lan lag" or similar). Outside of combat I don't know (unless you accidentially pressed c/space).

Posting screenshots of F5 debug info sometimes helps. (Use F4 to configure)
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Technical Help”