Any way to unify teams? | Multiplayer

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Kurle
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Any way to unify teams? | Multiplayer

Post by Kurle »

I've started a PVP map with a friend and we played quite a bit, until we realized that PvP isnt as exciting as playing together. Is there any way that we could both join one Team and still have access to all buildings and vehicles? Basically claiming all structures for one team.

I'd appreaciate help!

Kurle :D

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Any way to unify teams? | Multiplayer

Post by Silari »

You should be able to do it via the console with the game.merge_forces command. You need to know the names of the force you and your friend is on, but I don't know how PVP sets those up. I THINK hitting F4 to open the debug menu will show a list of all forces - 'player', 'enemy', and 'neutral' are always there, so if there's a fourth and no more you can merge that into player and should be good to go.

Code: Select all

/c game.merge_forces("<thefourthname>","player")

Alternately, both of you can just do

Code: Select all

/c game.player.print(game.player.force.name)
and it'll print to your console what force you are on. Those are the two names you need to give to the merge_forces command. /editor also has a tool to work with forces - you can't merge them unfortunately, but you can see what ones exist.

Note the first force listed is the one that goes away - all it's buildings/vehicles/etc should get moved to the other force. Not sure how the game handles research - API docs don't say so I'd assume it just uses whatever the second force has. If one of you is on the 'player' force it HAS to be the second in the command.

Obviously, save beforehand in case something weird happens.

Kurle
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Any way to unify teams? | Multiplayer

Post by Kurle »

I‘ve been searching for a command like that for hours!! Love you man, thank you alot! :)

Return to “Technical Help”