[1.1.37] Crash on Launch

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
gturnipseed720
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.37] Crash on Launch

Post by gturnipseed720 »

On starting the application, it goes through its boot process, and then just as the music changes from the loading screen music to the main screen music, the application crashes. I doubt the music has anything to do with the crashes; I'm just mentioning it for a sense of timing of when the crash occurs. The log file is attached. I have no mods installed and am running on Mac OS X Big Sur (11.4). I had experienced this issue on the demo and once or twice on the main app, as well, but relaunching it after it crashed usually resolved whatever the issue was. This time, relaunching doesn't seem to solve the issue (edit: after I typed that, I relaunched it again, and it actually worked this time...I'm not sure what the difference is. Both logs are attached, though--success and failure).
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(5.65 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
factorio-current.log
(5.18 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.37] Crash on Launch

Post by Loewchen »

If you can, provide info as requested here 96000.

gturnipseed720
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gturnipseed720 »

I'm not seeing anything in the console with "factorio" present in it, not in crash reports, diagnostic reports, or any of the other report types. It doesn't appear to be in the system log, either. From the factorio log itself, it looked like the issue might be cropping up while checking for updates or immediately thereafter?

gturnipseed720
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gturnipseed720 »

FYI, guys, since 1.1.38 was released, I haven't seen this issue recur. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if it crashes again, but so far, so good!

gturnipseed720
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.37, 1.1.38] Crash on Launch

Post by gturnipseed720 »

Welp, it was going fine (I've launched it quite a few times since my last report), but it crashed again today. The log file is attached.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(5.15 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

gturnipseed720
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.37, 1.1.38, 1.1.39] Crash on Launch

Post by gturnipseed720 »

Same as before, it worked fine for quite a few launches but then died this morning. The only thing I can think of that I did differently was that I switched to my browser while the game was loading. Not sure whether that would make a difference or not, but I figured I'd let you guys know in case it helps.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(5.15 KiB) Downloaded 131 times

gturnipseed720
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.39] Crash During Gameplay

Post by gturnipseed720 »

This is a first; all my crashes to date have occurred during startup before I had the option to continue playing. This one occurred while I was playing. I had just finished constructing some chemical plants and was heading over to check on my rocket silo when the game crashed. To my knowledge, I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary; I believe I was holding the W and D keys when the error dialog popped up. I'm not sure exactly what caused the crash; it didn't occur while I was actively building, and the log seems to indicate that the last autosave had finished and there wasn't one in progress that might have gotten interrupted. I've attached the log file, the most recent autosave, and the "main" save file that I had been playing. I don't see anything in the crash reports or other logs that occurred at the time of the crash.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(5.95 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
Newer Game.zip
(29.26 MiB) Downloaded 117 times
_autosave3.zip
(29.43 MiB) Downloaded 117 times

Return to “Technical Help”