[1.1.36] Arbitrary crashes on startup

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Parukia33
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.36] Arbitrary crashes on startup

Post by Parukia33 »

So, I've been playing a lot on the last few days, or at least I try to. When the game successfully starts up, there are zero problems. However sometimes it randomly decides to not initialize, blaming DirectX.

To give an idea of how arbitrary it is, yesterday morning I attempted to play, but only got crashes. Always the same error message, despite having played the day before and not turning off the PC in the meanwhile. After the whole morning updating all drivers and rebooting the PC multiple times, the game didn't open. At night I randomly attempt to open it and it worked. I made no changes in configurations or drivers or even rebooted the PC, but it stopped complaining about DX. This morning I attempted to play again and had the same issue. I'd appreciate if you could help me play, since it's a very good game.

TL;DR: Steam version, no mods are installed, all graphic drivers are updated. Rebooting does nothing. Game blames DirectX. Sometimes randomly works. If there's any logic behind it working, I failed to see it. Log attached.

PS.: I apologize for any mistake or if any sentence isn't very clear, English isn't my first language. Just point the error and I'll try to explain myself better. I thank you for your time.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(2.32 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

Parukia33
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.36] Arbitrary crashes on startup

Post by Parukia33 »

Well, I just managed to open it by using the Steam launch option "--d3d-adapter=1". Just for curiosity, I tested "--d3d-adapter=2" and it also worked, while "--d3d-adapter=0" did not.
Thank you very much.

Return to “Technical Help”