[1.1.36] Unexplained Crash with unknown repeatability

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
motorsteak
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.36] Unexplained Crash with unknown repeatability

Post by motorsteak »

I've experienced this crash on 1.1.35 and 1.1.36 on both singleplayer unmodded, and multiplayer with biggerbags 1.0.35 and bottleneck 0.11.7 installed and enabled. I first checked out the common tips and updated my bios (m5a99x evo 2.0 version 2201 to 2501 (current)) , which seemed to work at first but the crashes came back. I asked some friends who know more than I do to look at the log files from the crash and they recommended uninstalling and reinstalling, which I did. This did not fix the issue. Here are pastebins of two crashes https://pastebin.com/bV93s9Pc is before I reinstalled, and https://pastebin.com/jMAFmFPX is after I reinstalled. There seems to be no repeatability that I am recognizing. I tried triggering bots to deconstruct or construct things a few times and tried different power sources (nuclear vs coal). The crash time doesn't seem consistent either, It seems to occur anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours into gameplay. This is my first time submitting one of these, so let me know if you need anything else.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.36] Unexplained Crash with unknown repeatability

Post by Loewchen »

Those crashes are unrelated, suggesting a system stability issue.

motorsteak
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.36] Unexplained Crash with unknown repeatability

Post by motorsteak »

Reporting back with some news, I reinstalled windows and still got a crash, this time with a ntdll error. That prompted me (after some frantic google searching) to run a windows memory diagnostic scan which did find errors with my ram. I would get occasional bluescreens that I now know were related but the logs (at least to my knowledge and skill level) never contained anything useful or easy to read. Thank you factorio devs for creating logs that are easy to read and understand (with some help from a few friends who know a lot more than I do).

tldr, ram went bad

Return to “Technical Help”