[1.1.34] Error importing blueprints Failed to import string: Decompression failed: Input is invalid or incomplete..

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Strykers__
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.34] Error importing blueprints Failed to import string: Decompression failed: Input is invalid or incomplete..

Post by Strykers__ »

I'm having issues importing blueprints, I keep getting the error "Failed to import string: Decompression failed: Input is invalid or incomplete..".
From what I understand this error means that I either didn't copy the full blueprint string, or the encoded string that I'm trying to import isn't recognized as a blueprint.

Things I tried:
  • I tried to import different blueprints that should be valid, all of them gave me the same error, then I went to discord and someone made a blueprint with a single yellow inserter and I was able to import it.
    My steps (copy string from pastebing|copy string from .txt file|copy string direct from website)->Import string button in-game->ctrl+v->OK
  • Maybe it was something mod/save related, so I disabled all mods and created a new save with default settings, tried to import again and got the same error, no change
  • Maybe I'm unlucky and all blueprints that I tried to import are invalid somehow, so I tried to create a small blueprint in-game from a single belt/inserter and export it to string using the copy in-game, here it gets iffy, sometimes I create a blueprint for a single belt for example and I'm able to import it, and other players can import it too, but most of the time it gives the same error of decompression failed, whenever I created a string that I couldn't import, other players couldn't too. Someone from discord suggested that there might be a problem with my base64 encoding/decoding since my game is generating invalid strings
    My steps alt+B->select something->export to string button->copy->close->import string button->ctrl+v->OK
  • Since I'm playing on steam, I tried to verify game integrity, it didn't find anything wrong, also tried to uninstall and install again
Blueprints that I was able to import
Single yellow inserter, I'm able to import and if I try to export and reimport it works

Single blue inserter, I was able to export it and import it, other players said it worked

Blueprints that give me the error
It's supposed to be 3 red belts that I blueprinted, but I can't import it and other players can't also

Single red belt that fails too, I blueprinted this one too
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(4.92 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.34] Error importing blueprints Failed to import string: Decompression failed: Input is invalid or incomplete..

Post by Loewchen »

That you cannot import broken strings is obviously not a bug, if you can create broken blueprint strings reliably post steps to do so please.

Strykers__
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.34] Error importing blueprints Failed to import string: Decompression failed: Input is invalid or incomplete..

Post by Strykers__ »

I posted the steps that I'm doing, all I'm doing is
alt+B->select something->export to string button->copy
Then I try to import what I just blueprinted
->close->import string button->ctrl+v->OK
And it gives me the decompression error

Strykers__
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Strykers__ »

1.1.35 fixed it for me, I can now import blueprints again, even those that were giving me the decompression error :D

Return to “Technical Help”