[1.1.33] Unable to connect to multiplayer game:Trying to apply migration bobplate_0.18.8.lua while joining a multiplayer

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Avacado
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[1.1.33] Unable to connect to multiplayer game:Trying to apply migration bobplate_0.18.8.lua while joining a multiplayer

Post by Avacado »

I am unable to connect to a game hosted on one of my computers (I'll call server) from another one of my computers (I'll call client) on my home network.

First attempt: Downloaded fresh copy of 1.1.33 (.zip version) on the client. Found the game, sync mods, try to join, get the following error:

Written in white on a black background:
Trying to apply migration bobplate_0.18.8.lua (Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod) while joining a multiplayer game
In a popup:
Could not establish network communication with the server
Second attempt, Zipped up my mods folder on server. Downloaded that to client. Extracted it in a different brand new fresh 1.1.33 copy. Same error message.

I'm playing seablock, so most of my mods were downloaded from the seablock.zip posted in the forums, which is why I thought attempt 2 might fix the issue.

The weird thing is that the server was always a fresh copy of 1.1.33 too and I've done NO mod upgrading or factorio version upgrading at all, so I'm not really sure how any artifacts from mod versions or game versions could be at issue here.

I've attached my save and the client log file.

EDIT: These were both windows computers. I used the public listing to attempt to join the game.
Attachments
seablock.zip
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 165 times
factorio-current.log
(48.57 KiB) Downloaded 166 times

Return to “Technical Help”