[1.1.32] Factorio Window doesn't appear on launch

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Tintahal
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.32] Factorio Window doesn't appear on launch

Post by Tintahal »

Whenever i try to launch Factorio on Steam it says it's running but the Factorio game window itself doesn't appear and it just goes back to the plain text "Factorio" in my library instead of the "Factorio - Running". The icon of Factorio doesn't appear in my taskbar either so i assume that the application isn't launching for some reason.
I have 5 mods installed as i've played around with them but i never use them and usually play vanilla.

I expected the game to launch and then load in like it always does so that i could play but that didn't quite happen.

My OS is a 2013 iMac with 8GB of RAM and it usually runs Factorio on a stable 60 FPS.

It stays like this for a few minutes before going back to the usual green button that says PLAY on it.
It stays like this for a few minutes before going back to the usual green button that says PLAY on it.
factorio.png (665.14 KiB) Viewed 530 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.32] Factorio Window doesn't appear on launch

Post by Loewchen »

Restart your system if you have not already, if this does not help post your log, see 52433.

Tintahal
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.32] Factorio Window doesn't appear on launch

Post by Tintahal »

I feel kinda dumbb seeing as the fix was so easy. Can't believe i overlooked the old resart.

Either way thank you for the help.

Return to “Technical Help”