Mic not working with factorio

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
kayceenay
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Mic not working with factorio

Post by kayceenay »

Hello
While playing Factorio I normally chat with friends over Skype, Discord, and Teamspeak. However, around the update to 0.16.X My mic will all of the sudden just stop submitting sound to these applications. This only happens when Factorio is running. In discord, reselecting the mic will cause it to start working again but will stop shortly after if Factorio is still running. It seems to happen within 5 seconds to 3 minutes from last re-selection. No CPU or memory spikes were seen during this time, nor does any other game cause this problem(or any application for that matter). This happens with and without mods.

Edit

Recently my friend suggest to test mic online here and they suggest me to update my audio driver to latest version and my mic is working now.
Last edited by kayceenay on Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Mic not working with factorio

Post by ptx0 »

kayceenay wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:45 pm
Hello
While playing Factorio I normally chat with friends over Skype, Discord, and Teamspeak.
wow all at once?
However, around the update to 0.16.X
not 1.1.x?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Mic not working with factorio

Post by jodokus31 »

Check out: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=52433

Maybe, update your sound driver? Or settings with messengers got screwed somehow?

Return to “Technical Help”