Display issues while playing

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
OddDiabetic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Display issues while playing

Post by OddDiabetic »

I haven't played the game for a while, but this last week when I started it up I've been getting random instances of my screen going completely black for about 2 seconds. The game keeps running and my second monitor is unaffected. At first, I thought it was caused by certain actions I performed outside of the game like playing/switching tracks on Spotify or on youtube, but it also happens randomly. I've tried having nothing else open but that doesn't help. I'm not sure if this is a software issue or a problem with my monitor, cable, or GPU.

Upon further experimentation, it seems like this issue occurs with any game I launch through either Steam or Epic games. I can see now that this probably isn't a factorio issue, but I don't know where to turn to fix this. What do I do?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Display issues while playing

Post by Loewchen »

Sounds like hardware is failing. Swap the monitor ports and check if the issue swaps with it.

Return to “Technical Help”