[1.1.26] Mining is super janky, constantly dropping mouse input, flashing progress bar.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
cebo494
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.26] Mining is super janky, constantly dropping mouse input, flashing progress bar.

Post by cebo494 »

Seems like its just randomly dropping the mouse button input while I mine causing it to be super sporadic. You can see exactly what I mean in the attached video (or here: https://imgur.com/a/QIkPoKJ). You can see it best on the third rock I mine (0:20sec). I am holding down the right mouse button the entire time and nothing else. I am not releasing the button at all.

The video shows the game with a few mods installed but I have gone and confirmed that the same issue exists with all of them disabled. I have already tried verifying the files through steam.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.26] Mining is super janky, constantly dropping mouse input, flashing progress bar.

Post by Klonan »

I am most likely to believe this is something with your mouse, or local mouse software

Can you provide a log file?

cebo494
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.26] Mining is super janky, constantly dropping mouse input, flashing progress bar.

Post by cebo494 »

It seems to be happening less reliably today; I did turn the PC off overnight so maybe the reboot helped?

I was able to reproduce it though. Had it occur while mining copper ore, immediately paused, saved, and grabbed the log.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(6.22 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

cbhj1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by cbhj1 »

sounds like the microswitch in the mouse is starting to go, another symptom is random doubling of clicks.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

cbhj1 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:34 pm
sounds like the microswitch in the mouse is starting to go, another symptom is random doubling of clicks.
Yea, unreliable drag/hold that stops unintentionally and single-click becoming double click unintentionally were the exact same symptoms my mouse had before i fixed it. Though if that was the case for @OP it should be happening in every program not just factorio. Trivial to test, just open up file explorer right-click drag a file around randomly and see if the context menu pops up before you release the button. (Or try a different mouse/touchpad if available.)
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Technical Help”