[1.1.26] Crafting menu/GUI does not have scrollbar when there are too many recipe groups

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Blue_Quartz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.26] Crafting menu/GUI does not have scrollbar when there are too many recipe groups

Post by Blue_Quartz »

Greetings.

When using too many modded recipe groups, it fills the crafting menu and the remaining icons seem to be wrapped in the window so it extends the group panel. However, since no scrollbar appears it doesn't display the remaining groups, but also the recipe crafting menu beneath the group panel is no longer accessible. This behavior is presented in the following image.
image_a.png
image_a.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 564 times
I generally use an UI scale of 100% with a single display: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 {0x05, [0,0], 1440x900, 32bit, 60Hz}. As a workaround, the groups can be disabled with the command:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.disable_recipe_groups()
The UI scale can also be reduced back to scale 75%, but it produces a very reduced space recipe menu, as shown in the next image.
image_b.png
image_b.png (1.23 MiB) Viewed 564 times
I recently migrated from Factorio version 0.17.69 to 1.1.26, and since the crafting menu in 0.17 used an unified menu of groups and recipes, a single scrollbar helped both large crafting groups and large recipes cases. With the new GUI, both panels behave separately and the group panel looks like it doesn't have a scrollbar. Also, it seems like the recipe menu space depends on the group panel size.

The issue can be tested out in version 1.1.26 by using an UI scale >= 100% in a small monitor; like mine 1440x900, installing a large set of mods (like Bob's, Angel's, Py's, 5dim, Youki's, Bio industries, etc.), running a freeplay new game, unlocking all technologies to maximize all possible recipe groups, and opening the crafting menu. I find this issue a bit similar to the already solved cases related to the GUI and many icons:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=92443&p=525985
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=92830&p=526727

Not a problem on Factorio vanilla so it is not a priority, but I will appreciate a possible solution for this case using a heavily modded Factorio that pushes the GUI's intended behavior. Knowing that the GUI is a bit fragile, I can only be optimistic.

At any case, many thanks.

Return to “Technical Help”