Error Util.cpp:83: Failed to load mod "multiplayer": Value must be a dictionary in property tree at ROOT

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
slitterell
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Error Util.cpp:83: Failed to load mod "multiplayer": Value must be a dictionary in property tree at ROOT

Post by slitterell »

I keep getting this error. I have no mods. It happens whether I create the file on the server or create the file on my client. I have no mods. I have reinstalled all files. I have created a file with no changes to generation. I have made no changes to server-settings.json. "multiplayer" is the name of the save file.

0.000 2021-02-28 21:34:36; Factorio 1.1.25 (build 58135, linux64, headless)
0.042 Operating system: Linux (Ubuntu 18.04)
0.042 Program arguments: "/opt/factorio/bin/x64/factorio" "--start-server" "multiplayer"
0.042 Read data path: /opt/factorio/data
0.042 Write data path: /opt/factorio [70229/479189MB]
0.042 Binaries path: /opt/factorio/bin
0.056 System info: [CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor, 16 cores, RAM: 48307 MB]
0.056 Environment: DISPLAY=<unset> WAYLAND_DISPLAY=<unset> DESKTOP_SESSION=<unset> XDG_SESSION_DESKTOP=<unset> XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=<unset> __GL_FSAA_MODE=<unset> __GL_LOG_MAX_ANISO=<unset> __GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK=<unset> __GL_SORT_FBCONFIGS=<unset> __GL_YIELD=<unset>
0.056 Running in headless mode
0.101 Error Util.cpp:83: Failed to load mod "multiplayer": Value must be a dictionary in property tree at ROOT

slitterell
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Error Util.cpp:83: Failed to load mod "multiplayer": Value must be a dictionary in property tree at ROOT

Post by slitterell »

like this? Program arguments: "/opt/factorio/bin/x64/factorio" "--start-server" "/opt/factorio/mods/mp.zip"
Same result

bormand
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Error Util.cpp:83: Failed to load mod "multiplayer": Value must be a dictionary in property tree at ROOT

Post by bormand »

Why do you put the save into the directory for the mods?

The game scans and attempts to parse all zips in the mods directory. So, please, don't put random stuff there.

To fix your problem: remove everything that is not the mod from the mods directory, put save into the saves directory.

slitterell
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by slitterell »

Oh my. Honestly, I don't know why I put it in there. I obviously did but I don't recall doing it. Thank you!

Return to “Technical Help”