Unlocking blue hardware

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
crcook84
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Unlocking blue hardware

Post by crcook84 »

In my most recent map, I tried to get my research up to the point where I could unlock some blue colored hardware: all the blue conveyor belt hardware and the requester chest. I swear I researched as much as I could to try to advance to the point where all of it was unlock-able. So, either you guys have gotten it so that it's impossible to easily research and unlock that stuff anymore or you guys have a bug issue going on with the most recent update.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Unlocking blue hardware

Post by Koub »

Are you playing vanilla ?
Please post your save here.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Could be similar to this:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=95571

crcook84
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by crcook84 »

Here's my save game file.
Attachments
Oasis.zip
(10.04 MiB) Downloaded 65 times

Trific
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trific »

Looks like technology after purple and yellow science has been deleted from your save. I suspect a mod, because that's definitely not part of the standard game.

crcook84
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by crcook84 »

Trific wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:18 pm
Looks like technology after purple and yellow science has been deleted from your save. I suspect a mod, because that's definitely not part of the standard game.
A mod can delete vanilla data? Is there a way to get it back or do I have to start a new save?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

crcook84 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:22 pm
Trific wrote:
A mod can delete vanilla data? Is there a way to get it back or do I have to start a new save?
Run /c game.player.force.reset_technology_effects() twice.

Trific
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trific »

crcook84 wrote:
Trific wrote:
If a mod wants to replace all or part of the tech tree, it can either delete techs or hide them. Did you initially start this game with an overhaul mod installed?

crcook84
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by crcook84 »

Trific wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:38 pm
crcook84 wrote:
Trific wrote:
If a mod wants to replace all or part of the tech tree, it can either delete techs or hide them. Did you initially start this game with an overhaul mod installed?
I think I had some mods already installed from a previous save. However, after the most recent build, all of them broke. So, I removed those and just had "Recipe Requester Chest" and "Spidertron Logistics System". There's a few others. But, they're for long reach and map marking. Also, I'm not sure the command worked. I ran the command twice, quit the game, went back in, but the requestor chest still doesn't show up and I'm not getting any new research. I even disabled all the mods and ran the command twice.
Attachments
Oasis.zip
(9.86 MiB) Downloaded 64 times

crcook84
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by crcook84 »

So, I started messing around with other commands to see what would happen. I found one command that's supposed to force a technology to be researched. So, I tried it on the requester chest. This is what I got:

command:
/c game.player.force.technologies["logistic-chest-requester"].researched = true
result:
Cannot execute command. Error: [string "game.player.force.technologies["logistic-ches..."]:1: attempt to index field 'logistic-chest-requester' (a nil value)

Not sure if anyone can make anything out of this. But, thoguht it was an interesting result.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

There is no technology with the name logistic-chest-requester.

crcook84
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by crcook84 »

Loewchen wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:51 pm
There is no technology with the name logistic-chest-requester.
Well, I had gotten the name off of a list of commands available to Factorio. So, I figured I'd try plugging values in. Guess that explains why the insert command worked with it instead. I think I may just finish progressing as far as I can then start a new world with no technology modifying mods.
Attachments
Console List (2).txt
(2.52 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Console List.txt
(18.69 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

Trific
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trific »

The relevant technology is "logistic-system", and if you want to unlock the blue belts, that's "logistics-3".

Return to “Technical Help”