[1.1.19] Game freezes while starting or in menu (Ubuntu 18.04, NV124, Mesa 20.3.4)

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Nudelholz2412
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.19] Game freezes while starting or in menu (Ubuntu 18.04, NV124, Mesa 20.3.4)

Post by Nudelholz2412 »

Describe the problem as best as you can

1. What did you do?
In the first case, I started the game and it crashed at 50% loading the sprites. In the second and third case, it crashed while updating mods after pressing the update button.
2. What happened?
The game froze, I was unable to alt-tab and had to force restart the game. All buttons are unresponsible and the game doesn't react at all.

3. What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!
Start with out problems and update the mods without freezing.

Attached are the log files.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(7.31 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
factorio-current.log
(8.8 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.19] Game freezes while starting or in menu

Post by posila »

You seem to have decent gaming PC, so I don't have any solutions.

According to the logs, the game finished loading into the menu in both cases. What comes to my mind is to try binary nVidia graphics drivers instead of the open source Mesa driver.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.19] Game freezes while starting or in menu (Ubuntu 18.04, NV124, Mesa 20.3.4)

Post by ptx0 »

aye, the nouveau driver is total garbage because Nvidia doesn't respect open source development, unlike AMD.

Return to “Technical Help”