Can't see any multiplayer games anymore after unlinking steam and factorio accounts.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
maxp779
Inserter
Inserter

Can't see any multiplayer games anymore after unlinking steam and factorio accounts.

Post by maxp779 »

So I bought the game on steam maybe 4 months ago. And recently I made a factorio.com account because I thought I had to to host a multiplayer server. But it seems that's not the case, I can use a steam token. So after having my steam and factorio accounts linked I wanted to get my original steam username and character back so I asked support to unlink my account and it looks like that's done now. But I can't see any multiplayer games anymore. It just says this over and over and nothing ever appears (there were many previously so its defo not a firewall/network issue):

I emailed support again but is there anything I can do to fix this in the meantime? Was looking forward to playing this weekend.
My steam account is maxp779.
My factorio account is skimmedmilk779.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Can't see any multiplayer games anymore after unlinking steam and factorio accounts.

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

If you bought on steam and are playing the standalone, switch to steam and vice versa.
If you are playing on the same version that you bought, try reinstalling.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

maxp779
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Can't see any multiplayer games anymore after unlinking steam and factorio accounts.

Post by maxp779 »

AmericanPatriot wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:10 pm
If you bought on steam and are playing the standalone, switch to steam and vice versa.
If you are playing on the same version that you bought, try reinstalling.
Yeah im playing on the steam version, always have done. I gave reinstalling a bash earlier and no joy. Tried it again and deleting the Factorio folder under Appdata/Roaming/Factorio but again same result. Probably just gonna have to wait for support to get back to me on it.

Return to “Technical Help”