[1.1.12] Crash Report (GraphicsInterfaceDX11::swapBuffers)

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Beuteschema
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.12] Crash Report (GraphicsInterfaceDX11::swapBuffers)

Post by Beuteschema »

factorio crashed with this message: Image
i dont know if it had something to do with it, but in the moment of the crash i opened a discord stream of factorio, streamed by a friend in a private call
other factors i can not think of because i was tabbed out at the moment and didnt do anything ingame
i hope my report helps i experienced the ghost building bug from the last version myself and was very happy to see it get fixed so quickly, keep it up!
Attachments
1.1 drone death world.zip
(39.24 MiB) Downloaded 70 times
factorio-current.log
(17.67 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.12] Crash Report (GraphicsInterfaceDX11::swapBuffers)

Post by posila »

Hello, try to disable in-game overlay in Discord

Beuteschema
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Beuteschema »

posila wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:16 pm
Hello, try to disable in-game overlay in Discord
i do not have the discord overlay enabled
also this was the first time this ever happend and i took the steps to reproduce this many times before and nothing happend
after i finished the crash report i resumed playing with my friend and he streamed me his view without problems

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Hmm, it crashed inside DiscordHook64.dll, but it is true the DLL was not loaded when the game started, so it must have been injected into the game later, but I don't know why would Discord do that.

Beuteschema
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Beuteschema »

is this still being pursued?
otherwise ill go ahead and close the tab and probably not look into this thread again
i appreciate the work you do for the game but i dont usually dont hang out in the forum as much unless i have to bug to report

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

It's not being pursued.
From the log and info you gave me, the game is crashing inside Discord's overlay hook (which is completely out of our control, so we can't do anything about it) despite you having Discord in-game overlay disabled.

Beuteschema
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Beuteschema »

it also happend only once which leads me to believe it was a rare edge case and can be neglected

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Way ahead of you, buddy. :D
(Sorry, that's not professional, but ... it's casual Sunday :))

Beuteschema
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Beuteschema »

the only thing unprofessional are emojis but i can see past that
your interaction with the community is remarkable (why do you even respond to me on a sunday?!) and you deserve all the praise you can get for it imo
i play a lot of games many of which are aaa games and right now i feel like a big portion of these aaa games are in an inconceivably bad state
games with hundreds of devs working on it but nothing to come of it (its probably not the devs fault because there are more factors involved but still)
i would like to add a list with all the triple a games that dont deserve their spot but i dont think thats something you or the team is interested in hearing so ill keep it out
i want to enjoy these games but with the state they are in its really hard sometimes and eventually i just have to come back to a safe haven i know i will enjoy regardless
even though i have already poured multiple thousands of hours into factorio i still know its there waiting with yet another update breahting in new life into it or making it run even better
if i could i would wish for wube to never stop working on factorio but i fear that is not possible and so i try to savor the time factorio still has support
recently i started playing dyson sphere program and i really learned to appreciate the level of qol factorio has
my little love letter to factorio is probably a little cringy and posted in the wrong place but i just had to let that out thank you so much for making this game

Return to “Technical Help”