Is there a quick button for updating active mod to newest version?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
kevinma
Inserter
Inserter

Is there a quick button for updating active mod to newest version?

Post by kevinma »

When I want to update active mod of my save to newest version, i need to check every mod in update list. But I installed hundreds of mods(mainly from joining mod servers), So I need more than 10 minutes to do this.

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Is there a quick button for updating active mod to newest version?

Post by Squelch »

There are two ways:

First, you can update all mods from the Mod menu -> Updates to keep everything current for when you need them.

Second, and what I think you are asking for, Single Player -> Load Game -> Select your save -> Sync mods with save. At the bottom of the list you'll find any of the active mods that need to be downloaded to update them.

Sync mods button
Sync_Mods.PNG
Sync_Mods.PNG (269.09 KiB) Viewed 1554 times
Bottom of mod list for synchronisation
Sync_mod_update.PNG
Sync_mod_update.PNG (39.02 KiB) Viewed 1554 times

kevinma
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kevinma »

thanks for answer. I can sync mods by loading save, It will download the proper version for the save. But what I need is update the active mod to newest version on mod portal. For example, my save's SE(space exploration) version is 0.01, the newest version is 0.11. When I do synchronize, I can get 0.01, but what i want is the newest version 0.11.

So my problem is my save have a lot of mods. I wanna to update them to newest version. But my internet is slow, I don't want to update mods that not in my save. The only way i can do now is select every mod in my save on 'mods -> updates'. 'updates' tab doesn't support search, so i must spend some time to finish the job.

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

Which version of Factorio are you running? There are two branches. The Stable release which is currently 1.0.0 and the experimental branch currently 1.1.6.

Space Exploration's latest is Version: 0.5.23 Date: 13. 12. 2020 and is compatible with Factorio 1.1.x. The SE version that appears to be compatible with Factorio 1.0.0 is 0.4.51

Looking at the download archive for SE, it looks like you must be on Factorio 0.17? The mod manager will only download mods that are suitable for the current Factorio version. Factorio 0.18 had some significant changes that would mean that mods that have been updated may no longer run on 0.17. The same is true for Factorio 1.0.0, and the current experimental release.

Synching mods for a save will work for the currently installed Factorio version, and should give you the latest version of the mod that is compatible with it. Your versions seem a little odd, so perhaps we need some more information about your Factorio environment?

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Squelch wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:15 pm
Synching mods for a save will work for the currently installed Factorio version, and should give you the latest version of the mod that is compatible with it.
What he's saying is that the internal mod manager always tries to update *all* mods regardless of whether they are active or not. A problem that also regularly annoys me. The only way around it is to use the stand-alone zip version of factorio and have one version per modpack, so that you don't have tons of unused mods around. Or if one knows how to use "factorio.exe --help" one can just make a few shortcuts with different mod directories.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Technical Help”