[Oxyd] [1.1.5] Minor - Continue button now always starts Hosted game

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Dahn94
Inserter
Inserter

[Oxyd] [1.1.5] Minor - Continue button now always starts Hosted game

Post by Dahn94 »

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 10.51.12 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 10.51.12 AM.png (659.92 KiB) Viewed 5087 times
After the recent change for the Continue button in the Main Menu to restore a hosted MP save file, it seems stuck in that mode following the first hosted session. Screen shot above is the Main Menu after loading, saving and exiting a single player save game. When pressing Continue, startup finishes with the usual host message of "Matching server connection resumed".

The last MP host session was a couple days ago with multiple launches and single player load sessions in between.

MacOS, Steam build is the platform if that helps.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.5] Minor - Continue button now always starts Hosted game

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the re port however I can't reproduce any issue as you describe it. When I do the above steps it works perfectly.

Please post the log file after you do the above steps: I suspect maybe the OS is failing to overwrite the player-data.json file or maybe steam cloud is broken.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Dahn94
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dahn94 »

I suspect the latter as I've noticed a few times when I get an alert that Cloud Storage was unavailable and local blueprint data would be used. I'll run thru it again and add the log as requested once I try to reset cloud storage.

Dahn94
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dahn94 »

Here's the log file for a repeat of my original steps.

A few additional configuration comments:
1. Settings > Other > Enable blueprint library Cloud Sync is ON
2. Steam Cloud synchronization in Steam is OFF

I'll try checking if the behavior changes with Steam Cloud Sync on or if the Steam setting is computer specific or account wide as I don't recall the behavior.
I'll also remove player-data.json and see if the game re-generates everything properly. I'd not be surprised if something got scrambled over the years of updates.

I appreciate the confirmation that the issue is likely on my computer and happy to sort thru things until I can fix it.
factorio-previous.log
(68.42 KiB) Downloaded 130 times

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

I'm also running into this issue on macOS with steam cloud sync blueprint library sync on.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Dahn94
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dahn94 »

Did a number of additional tests that have me confused and unsure how to help diagnose this

Steam build:
1. Re-enabled Steam cloud sync
2. Tried deleting ~/Library/Application Support/factorio/player-data.json and relaunching steam
3. No login request and no change in the Continue button other than properly showing the last save game (still showed Host <save file>)
4. A new player-data.json was written at the end of the session

Hoping this was a steam problem, I tried standalone Factorio after updating to 1.1.5
1. Deleted ~/Library/Application Support/factorio/player-data.json
2. Launched game and got login prompt as expected
3. This time Continue button showed "Continue <save file>", no Host; progress?
4. Played a few seconds, saved the game, exited
5. Started same game file as MP host
6. Saved and exited
7. Unfortunately Continue button still shows "Continue <save file>" not "Continue Host <save file>"
Log file for this session attached (
factorio-current.log
(64.47 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
) and from the prior session (
factorio-previous.log
(84.84 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
)

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

I'm still having this issue:

macOS 11, Factorio 1.1.8 (but it has been around since at least 1.1.4)

When I open the game from steam, or in Instrument Mode with steam open the Continue button is always "Join <my server name>". If I open the game up in Instrument Mode without steam open then the Continue button is correct.

If I manually edit player-data.json to remove the "last-played" then it just gets reset to add it back in again when the game exits. Disabling blueprint library Cloud Sync in "Settings>Other" and disabling "Keep games saves in the Steam Cloud for Factorio" in Steam has no effect.

Is there a way for me to see/edit the player-data.json file in the steam cloud?

(viewtopic.php?f=29&t=93282 looks like the same issue)
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Xorimuth wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:03 pm
I'm still having this issue:

macOS 11, Factorio 1.1.8 (but it has been around since at least 1.1.4)

When I open the game from steam, or in Instrument Mode with steam open the Continue button is always "Join <my server name>". If I open the game up in Instrument Mode without steam open then the Continue button is correct.

If I manually edit player-data.json to remove the "last-played" then it just gets reset to add it back in again when the game exits. Disabling blueprint library Cloud Sync in "Settings>Other" and disabling "Keep games saves in the Steam Cloud for Factorio" in Steam has no effect.

Is there a way for me to see/edit the player-data.json file in the steam cloud?

(viewtopic.php?f=29&t=93282 looks like the same issue)
I found that I can see the player-data.json file in the steam cloud here: https://store.steampowered.com/account/ ... &index=100

It won't let me change/delete it though.
My mods

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

This issue is still causing problems to several macOS players. Can it please be moved back to bug reports please? I'm happy to provide more information as requested.
My mods

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Ok, the culprit was non blocking saves being enabled. Turning them off fixes the problem. Up to the devs if they want to try and fix it or not.
My mods

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Xorimuth wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:25 pm
Up to the devs if they want to try and fix it or not.
We do. Fixed in 1.1.20.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Oxyd wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:23 pm
Xorimuth wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:25 pm
Up to the devs if they want to try and fix it or not.
We do. Fixed in 1.1.20.
Awesome.
My mods

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”