[1.0.0][linux] Game hanging due to 'INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION' when opening map view

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
motolly
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.0.0][linux] Game hanging due to 'INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION' when opening map view

Post by motolly »

I'm not sure what's causing this issue, I am using a lot of mods and it seems to happen more often if I'm using my GPU for something else. But it causes my whole system to hang for a few minutes. I can open up a new virtual terminal (I think that's what it's called, kinda forgot) by pressing 'ctrl+alt+F3' and kill the process that way. But it always seems to work itself out if I leave it alone for a minute.

This seems to happen more often if I've left the game running for a long time. It does not appear to matter if the game is paused or time is actually advancing. It is pretty heavy on the mods, but I've run similar games in the past and never had an issue beyond maybe a few seconds of hanging when a lot is going on, I'm in a train, and I open map view.

Wondering if maybe it's a VRAM issue? But after it happens I do get some graphical artifacts in other areas of the system.

My system specs are:

CPU: AMD FX-8320E Eight-Core Processor
Memory: 32 GB DDR3 @1600 MHz
GPU: Geforce 750 Ti /w 2 GB of memory
Attachments
1.0_ANGELS.zip
(24.96 MiB) Downloaded 68 times
factorio-current.log
(251.56 KiB) Downloaded 63 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.0.0][linux] Game hanging due to 'INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION' when opening map view

Post by posila »

You use quite a lot of mods, I'd try to set texture compression to "low quality" in graphics settings as a first thing.

System wide hang, and graphics artifacts outside of the game indicate some deeper problem with your system (OS/drivers/HW).

motolly
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.0.0][linux] Game hanging due to 'INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION' when opening map view

Post by motolly »

I'm thinking it's related to HW acceleration in Chromium and maybe a memory leak in chromium. I'll try disabling HW acceleration in chromium and then if it persists I'll lower texture quality. Forgot that I updated Arch Linux after a few months of not doing any updates.

Thanks for the quick reply.

motolly
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by motolly »

Disabling HW acceleration in Chromium solved all issues. Should've tried that first, but it had been working fine in the past. Oh well, such is life with rolling releases.

Return to “Technical Help”