The game crashes both in the Mead menu and in the game itself. The game is clean without mods.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
THEKURBEN
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

The game crashes both in the Mead menu and in the game itself. The game is clean without mods.

Post by THEKURBEN »

Hi there! I run a cleanly installed Factorio and my game breaks. What should I do about it? With and without mods, everything is the same. Previously, the game ran perfectly. I hope there will be people here who can help with this. Thank you
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(6.72 KiB) Downloaded 80 times

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: The game crashes both in the Mead menu and in the game itself. The game is clean without mods.

Post by Koub »

Your graphic card has :
Dedicated video memory size 256 MB (detected from GeForce 9400M; VendorID: 0x1022600)
The minimal requirements are :
DirectX 10.1 capable GPU with 512 MB VRAM - GeForce GTX 260, Radeon HD 4850 or Intel HD Graphics 5500
Source.
I'm not sure it's the cause, but I would investigate in that direction.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: The game crashes both in the Mead menu and in the game itself. The game is clean without mods.

Post by Zavian »

The gpu (Nvidia 9400M) is also old (2008), and might be below the minimum spec GPU as well.

On windows the 310.90 graphics driver series is dated Jan 2013, so if this was a Windows or Linux laptop I would recommend attempting to update to a more recent graphics driver. But I'm not sure that is an option for OSX.

THEKURBEN
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by THEKURBEN »

Koub wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:39 am
Your graphic card has :
Dedicated video memory size 256 MB (detected from GeForce 9400M; VendorID: 0x1022600)
The minimal requirements are :
DirectX 10.1 capable GPU with 512 MB VRAM - GeForce GTX 260, Radeon HD 4850 or Intel HD Graphics 5500
Source.
I'm not sure it's the cause, but I would investigate in that direction.

Hello! Thanks for the answer!

There is one thing, on this map the game runs flawlessly on version 0.17.
Anything above starts to break when you start a new or old game.

Sometimes this is solved by granting Read and Write rights to the "Factorio" folder in the libraries. But this is short-lived.

Return to “Technical Help”