Official Fix for Screen Tearing?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
MasterWeldon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Official Fix for Screen Tearing?

Post by MasterWeldon »

Is there an Official Fix for the Screen Tearing? I have tried a few of the "recommended" fix from other users, but none of them have worked. I define Screen Tearing as the flicker you see when moving around. It seems to gets worst the longer you play. Any real fixes would help. Thanks.

Radeon RX 570 8GB

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Official Fix for Screen Tearing?

Post by valneq »

MasterWeldon wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:01 am
I define Screen Tearing as the flicker you see when moving around.
Not sure exactly what you mean by flicker. Screen tearing has a generally accepted definition:
Wikipedia wrote: Screen tearing is a visual artifact in video display where a display device shows information from multiple frames in a single screen draw. The artifact occurs when the video feed to the device is not in sync with the display's refresh rate.
The visual effect is not necessarily a “flicker”, but rather one or more imaginary lines where the image appears to be torn.

In order to understand your issue, we need more info: What's the desired refresh rate for the monitor? At which framerates do you experience the issue? Did you try turning on v-sync? Have you tried turning if off? Are your display drivers set up to use FreeSync? Can you upload a logfile?

Return to “Technical Help”