Can I change the save file import for steam?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
GluAp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Can I change the save file import for steam?

Post by GluAp »

Ok, I couldn't figure out a better way to describe my problem in the topic.

First - Thank you all @Wube for 1.0 and everything you did to come this far. Please party hard :mrgreen:

About my (problem: To honor all your hard work until today I choose to purchase factorio a second time. The first time I bought it around the time when you released 0.16. This was the GOG version. I played a lot of it and I have at least 10 different and modded game versions as portable version on my harddrive at the same time which I keep, since I may want to look at those factories again. Maybe.

The second time, today, I bought it via steam. I started the game and was quiet surprised to find the steam 1.0 version has found every single old save game on my harddrive from all the other portable game versions I still have. And now 1.0 put it all together ingame (load/save UI) in one very long list of savegames (yes, half my harddrivespace is probably factorio savegames ^^).

Well - I really don't want to delete, rename or move all of the old versions. Is it possible to turn this behaviour off or prevent it somehow? This never happend in the versions before.

morsk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Can I change the save file import for steam?

Post by morsk »

Last edited by morsk on Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GluAp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Can I change the save file import for steam?

Post by GluAp »

Thank you very much for your answer, however this doesn't sound like the right solution here.

I have the installed steam version and several portable GOG versions (with differently named folders) on my harddrive. Why would steam search in arbitrary folders on my harddrive, load those files to the cloud and than again, download them to the right place?

Are you sure, this is a steam thing?

Return to “Technical Help”